Room 8 News
Mrs. Fitzgerald, 3rd Grade
December 18, 2015
Thank you so much for all of your generous holiday gifts! I appreciate it so much!
This week we wrapped up our STEM water filter unit. All of the water filters tested very well, and we were all able to make improved water filter designs. Check them out on the blue counter in our classroom.
We also wrapped up our Solar Energy Projects, which are displayed in the cafeteria. Today we were able to FaceTime with a representative from We Care/Share Solar. We were able to ask her some great questions and learn about the "solar backpack" program. It was a very unique experience!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday break and a very happy new year! See you in 2016!
Face Time with Ms. Naughton from We Care Solar
Field Trip to the Theater
Building Water Filters
Teacher In-Service Day
Week of 1/5 Spelling
Coming Up On Math Assessment 13...
· Finding the difference in a story problem
· Adding large numbers
· Finding change from $10.00
· Identifying the dimensions of a rectangle (length and width)
· Finding the area of a rectangle
· Naming line segments (parallel and perpendicular)
· Measuring using sixteenths of an inch
· Finding elapsed time
· Drawing arrays
· Finding missing addends with a sum of 100