March 6 2022
COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS
On March 1st, the government of Alberta will lift many of the COVID restrictions throughout the province, continuing the process that began a few weeks ago. For schools this will mean the following:
Adults in schools will not be required to wear masks, though they are welcome to do so. This applies to staff and parent volunteers.
Students wearing masks in school is a parental choice. ( If you would like masks we have some to give away please let me know.)
Schools will begin the process of re-integrating classes beyond cohorts. This will mean the return to school assemblies, parents, in school, in-person school functions, spectators at school events, field trips that intermingle with the public etc.
At Madonna Catholic School starting March 1.
- Cohorts can mix at recess.
- Masking is not required by any adults in the building.
- Field trips can intermingle with the public.
- For parent-teacher interviews, March 23 & 24, parents will choose how they want to participate in interviews. Realizing we have students whose parents have never been in the school many parents may want in the building. Parents will have the option of an in-person, or virtual meeting. (more information to sign up will come out next week)
- Parents will continue to drop off and pick up children outside their child's designated doors.
- Gathering as a school for assemblies will start after spring break.
It has been a long two years of varying levels of restrictions. The next month or two will represent a time of transition to what we all hope is a return to normal.
AHS Checklist is still in effect ... please follow
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING AHS & EICS's Covid Protocols!
If your child is ill or is in close contact, please follow the AHS Daily Checklist guidelines.
If you are not sure what to do, you can call 811.
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK below for EICS Planhttps://www.eics.ab.ca/download/378195
Please click the blue box below ... this will take you to AHS Daily Check List
PLEASE REGISTER YOUR KINDERGARTEN AGE CHILD FOR KINDERGARTEN ... LET YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGBOURS KNOW THAT MADONNA IS A GREAT SCHOOL WITH GREAT STAFF!
1. NEW Kindergarten FULL DAY EVERY DAY 8:30 am - 3:15 pm ... FEE $425 month
will run if there is community interest.
2. Kindergarten is full days 8:30 am to 3:15 pm
Monday, Wednesday, and designated Fridays
3. Kindergarten full days 8:30am - 3:15 pm
Tuesday, Thursday, and designated Fridays
4. Kindergarten Pathways (5-year-old students with specialized assessments)
... criteria or entrance https://www.eics.ab.ca/programs/pathways-program
5. Pre K - PUF Pathways (3 & 4-year Early Intervention with specialized assessments)
... criteria for entrance https://www.eics.ab.ca/programs/kindergarten/early-intervention
Kindergarten Information for 2021 - 2022 School Year
9 - class 2/3 H field trip to Telus World of Science
10 - Swimming Lesson 1F, 1N
10 - Last Swimming Lesson 2/3H, 2S Final Lesson
10 Tournament of Books ... continuing
Sat. March 12th @ 5:00 pm Mass at OLPH First Holy Communion for Madonna Students
16 - No Library
17 -Last Swimming Lesson 1F, 1N
17 - Wear Green -- St. Patricks Days
21 - Indigenous Floor Map of Canada ... will be in the school for this week
23 - 3 Way Conferences
24 - 3 Way Conferences
24 - Gotcha Assembly
25 - No School ... Day In Lieu
SPRING BREAK MARCH 25 - APRIL 1 ....STUDENTS COME BACK ON APRIL 4
4 - Students Back at School
6 - Early Dismissal School is out at 2:15 pm
7- School Spirit Day
15- Good Friday No School
18 - Easter Monday No School
22 - Earth Day ... Students Wear Blue and Green
25 - Kinder M/W Spring Fever Event
26 - Kinder T/TH Spring Fever Event
28 - EASTER MASS our school only
29 - Gotcha Assembly
2nd - 6th Catholic Education Week
2 - Rosary Walk
6 - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS ... PD day for staff
It is still COLD OUTSIDE, please send your child with WARM clothes.
Standing with Ukraine
Gr. 4 students #standwithukraine .. Sunflower Art
#standwithukraine Virtual Assembly
Liturgical Season of Lent
Lent is a 40 day season of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving that begins on Ash Wednesday and ends at sundown on Holy Thursday. It's a period of preparation to celebrate the Lord's Resurrection at Easter. During Lent, we seek the Lord in prayer by reading Sacred Scripture; we serve by giving alms; and we practice self-control through fasting. We are called not only to abstain from luxuries during Lent but to a true inner conversion of heart as we seek to follow Christ's will more faithfully. We recall the waters of baptism in which we were also baptized into Christ's death, died to sin and evil, and began new life in Christ.