Excellence in a Creative Environment for Learning
End of the Year Schedule
Tuesday May, 21, 2019
- Block A Review and Singleton 1 Exam
- Block D Review and Singleton 7 Exam
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Block A Exam and Singleton 2 Exam
- Block D Exam and Singleton 8 Exam
Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Block B Exam
- Block C Exam
Brushstrokes n' More Fundraiser
For information & to sign up please click on the dates below:
Students Work Out for Free at Planet Fitness
From May 15th - September 1st, any teen between the ages of 15 - 18 can work out at Planet Fitness for free! No sign-up fee, no monthly fee, nothing, just completely free! The only requirement is that a parent or guardian will have to accompany the student to Planet Fitness to sign up for the offer and sign a waiver. But after that, they can come at any time and workout free of charge.
STREAMWORKS has ramped up its summer line up of STEM Camps. Camps will be facilitated in the new STEM GYM V.2. Limited spots, 30 seats per camp.
R5D (Robot in 5 Days)
Grades 9 - 12th
June 17th - 21st
8 am - 3 pm
For more information and registration, visit www.streamworkseducation.org
2019 Senior End-of-Year & Graduation Information
Attention Tuition & Zoning Parents
DBE Attendance Email
This email account was created for parents to send doctor's excuses and/or parent notes regarding early dismissals and absences. Please send any doctor's excuses or parent notes for student absences to this email address.
Parents, See the below list of summer opportunities. This can be for any student/any grade. No credits are earned (except in Welding), no grades are earned. This is strictly for personal enrichment and/or Ready Graduate status and/or certification status. We are thrilled at the interest that students have already shown.
- Construction (NCCER Construction Core Certification)
- Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
- Certified Forklift Technician (CFT License)
- FAA Drone License
- Clinical Internships
- Chromebook Repair
- Google Tools with G Suite Certifications
- Fire Science Class with Firefighter 1 Certification
Let us know you are interested in learning about these opportunities by registering using the url below. We will share information as details become available.
For more information see Mrs. Kerkhoff
Attention: Need to Know
Students are not allowed to leave the building for any reason once in the building. This includes stepping out to your vehicle to grab any items needed. KCS policy requires that students must have a parent or guardian call to give permission before leaving school grounds.
For any additional questions, please see Mrs. Hensley.
Student Key Cards
Replacement cards are $5, and Cash & checks are accepted. If paying with a check, make the check out to D-B EXCEL.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Please follow the traffic pattern. When you enter the DBE parking lot, please take an immediate right and circle the lot in that direction.
- Students may be picked up in the DBE parking lot or on Roller Street.
- STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PICKED UP OR DROPPED OFF IN OTHER PARKING LOTS.
- Dismissal procedures are that bus riders are dismissed at the 2:30pm bell, car riders and walkers will be dismissed via announcement once all bus riders are loaded, and then student drivers will be dismissed via announcement once the parking lot is cleared of car riders. Everyone must follow these procedures to ensure safety during dismissal. Failure to follow these procedures will result in an office referral.
- Shanna Hensley/DBE: @KCS_DBEXCEL
- Amanda Dunham: @Dunham_DBEXCEL
- Antonia Adinolfi: @MissA_DBEXCEL
- Brandon Lewis: @Lewis_DBEXCEL
- Erica Gardner: @Gardner_DBEXCEL
- Jay Conkin: @Conkin_DBEXCEL
- Josh Mowell: @Mowell_DBEXCEL
- Leah Darnell: @Darnell_DBEXCEL
- Robin Kerkhoff: @KerkhoffDBEXCEL
- Sam McCord: @McCord_DBEXCEL
- Sara Shaffer: @Shaffer_DBEXCEL
- Vicky Livesay: @livesay_DBEXCEL
- MATE Team: @MATE_DBEXCEL
Pairing Codes for Canvas Parent Accounts
*If you already have an account from the Canvas Parent App, log in to Canvas using those credentials.
To observe a student, you must obtain a pairing code from your student. Students can generate a pairing code by signing into Canvas then Click Account>Settings>Pair with Observer.
To set up your parent account:
- Go to https://kingsport.instructure.com/login/canvas
Enter the following information:
-Enter your name in the Your Name field.
-Enter your email in the Your Email field.
-Enter your password in the Password field.
-Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
-Enter a pairing code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
-Click the Start Participating button.
To observe a student, you must have a student pairing code. Students can access the pairing code through their settings
- Click the Start Participating button.
Some notes on the pairing code:
For now, each pairing code will live for 24 hours. That means once the pairing code is generated, it will remain valid for 24 hours, then it expires.
Each pairing code can only be used once. Once it’s used in account registration, the pairing code expires and the observer remains successfully paired. If you want to pair two observers to one student, each observer needs a unique pairing code.
Want to learn more about Canvas?
Join the Parent Introduction to Canvas course!
(no need for an account - this course is open to the public!)
Click here to go to the Canvas login page. Click Browse courses. Choose the "Parent Introduction to Canvas" course.
DBE School Schedule
School Day: 7:45am - 2:30pm
Advisory 7:45am - 8:25am
A Block 8:30am - 9:45am
B Block 9:50am - 11:05am
C Block 11:10am - 1:05pm
D Block 1:10pm - 2:30pm
Dismissal: Beginning at 2:30pm
Bus riders will be dismissed at the 2:30pm bell.
Car riders and walkers will be dismissed as the bus leaves.
- Student drivers will be dismissed last.
*Advisory is a class and students will have tasks to complete during this period. Attendance will be taken in Advisory and absences can effect their ability to participate in school activities that have attendance requirements.*
Below you will find D-B's daily schedule. The first day of school they will have an extended homeroom period then starting on Tuesday they will operate on a regular schedule.