Hepatitis in Africa
What You May and May Not Know About Hepatitis:
2. They're all kinds of liver disease.
3. Almost everyone recovers from Hepatitis A, but a small proportion of people do die.
4. Improved sanitation and the Hepatitis A vaccine are the most effective ways to fight the disease.
5. Hepatitis B can be transmitted through blood or other body fluids of someone else who is infected.
6. Hepatitis C is a lifelong illness and could lead to cirrhosis or liver cancer. There is still a search for a vaccine.
7. Hepatitis E can be transmitted through contaminated water.
8. Hepatitis E is found worldwide, but mainly in Asia.
9. For Hepatitis A, it can be transmitted also by contaminated water and food.
10. Epidemics can be explosive and cause significant economic loss.