Volunteer for the Clothing Sale
Helpers are URGENTLY needed to sort, fold and organize all of the donations for our $1-2-3 Clothing Sale. It's a great way to meet new families at school, get a sneak peek of the merchandise, and help out our BGS community.
Stay for an hour or stay all day - every little bit helps! These volunteer slots are even great for your high schoolers looking for community service hours. We'll be setting up throughout the day on Friday, Oct. 18 from 9 AM - 2 PM, then again from 4 - 7 PM. You can sign up for set-up volunteer slots here: https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?oock3262 or even just stop by to help!
Helpers are also needed to help staff the Clothing Sale on Saturday, Oct. 19. Shifts are available hourly from 8:30 PM - 2 PM. The link to volunteer for the day of the sale is here: https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?oriw1667
Don't Forget To Shop the Great Deals at the Clothing Sale
Read-a-Thon - Week 2
Since last week, we've nearly doubled the number of students fundraising. As of Thursday evening, our Bears had read over 43,000 minutes toward their 100,000 minute goal and raised over $5100 in pledges toward our $8,000 target. We're amazed to have almost 60% of BGS logged in to Whooo's Reading and 54% reading. Only 20% are fundraising though, so there's room to get more kids involved, particularly in classes with a lot of readers already. Please consider sponsoring a Bear's reading progress. Even a $2 or $3 pledge will help!
Our teachers and kids were all excited this week to see kids receiving awards for their Read-a-Thon progress. Every student who's logged in to Whooo's Reading as of Sunday, Oct. 13 has a purple owl outside their classroom to collect reading and raising stickers. We'll post more owls as new kids sign on to the system.
Week 1's winning team of readers was the Barn Owls with nearly 8000 minutes read in Mrs. Bohen's, Ms. McNulty's, Mrs. Maciolek's, Mr. Perler's, and Ms. Lavroff's class. We re-set the clock for week and it's a lot closer this week. Be sure to log all your reading by Saturday night to count towards Week 2!
We also awarded our first weekly reading incentive - reading pencils - to 65 randomly chosen readers. This week's weekly incentive is reading pins for 50 students who are reading and reading wristbands for 24 students who are fundraising. We'll award these on Monday.
You can follow our Read-a-Thon progress and encourage friends and family to donate to the Read-a-Thon here: https://fund.whooosreading.org/school_orgs/bradley-gardens-school
Still not sure what the Read-a-Thon is? Watch this video clip to learn more about how students can use the Whooo's Reading platform to log their reading, earn coins for their "Owlvatars" and collect pledges from friends and family (after their parents approve them).
NEXT WEEK'S WEEKLY INCENTIVE:
- 24 bookmarks will be randomly awarded to NEW READERS
- 12 reading duckies will be randomly awarded to NEW FUNDRAISERS
RSVP for the Halloween Hoot
Join us for trunk or treating and ghoulish fun at our annual Halloween Hoot on Friday, Nov. 1 from 7-8:30. Admission is $5 per child, max of $15 per family (pay at the door).
SIGN UP TO ATTEND in AtoZ Connect here: https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?cith948 Select the line called "Attending the Hoot" and click the "sign up" button. Then click "sign me up" and let us know the number of kids and adults attending in the comments box.
Help Out at the Hoot!
The Halloween Hoot is great fun, but needs your help to run. Decorate a trunk and give out treats during the Trunk or Treat. Help us set up or clean up. Donate some snacks or drinks. Help us staff the snack table or a craft or game booth.
Sign up for any of these options in AtoZ Connect here: https://atozconnect.com/cls/events?cith948
Class Funds Reminder
Red Ribbon Week Reminders
As part of our Red Ribbon Week activities, BGS will be having a few theme days.
Wednesday, October 23, we are “Teaming up for Good Choices”. We ask that you send your child to school in his/her favorite team shirt or jersey.
On Friday, October 25, we are showing love for our self by wearing red to school.
WIN AN ECHO DOT!
There's still time to get in on our Amazon Echo Dot Raffle. We're keeping it open until the Halloween Hoot and will pull the winner LIVE that evening.
Remember, you earn a chance to win when you complete EACH of the following activities:
- Signup for AtoZ Connect
- Verify your information for the directory AFTER you sign up
- Become a PTO Member
In Case You Missed It
- Update Your Info for the School Directory. Choose what you want to include in our student directory - you MUST register for AtoZ Connect to be entered in the directory. For more detail on AtoZ Connect registration and verification, check out our article on our BGS PTO webpage. We will do ALL volunteer signups in AtoZ, plus you can use it to respond to events that need registration and pay for things like spirit wear, class dues and more.
- Become a PTO member. Purchase a membership in AtoZ Connect or submit the below form via cash (exact change please) or check (made out to BGS PTO).
- Pay your class dues in AtoZ Connect or send in $20 in an envelope marked "Class Dues". Include your teacher's name and your student's name. Checks should be made payable to "cash". Class dues are different than PTO membership and go straight to class parents to purchase 3 gifts for your teacher(s) and to offset costs of supplemental party supplies.
- Fall Spirit Wear on sale - purchase via AtoZ Connect Spirit Store or return the SpiritWear flyer below to school with cash (exact change only please) or check (payable to BGS PTO) by Oct. 31.
- Learn how to volunteer in AtoZ Connect - Want to volunteer, but not sure where to find it in AtoZ Connect? This step-by-step guide shows you where to find it.
News From Around the District
BRRSD Public Forum on School Start Times
Monday, Oct. 21st, 6:30pm
600 Garretson Road
Bridgewater Township, NJ
The Panelists for the event include:
● Minkyo Chenette, Board President, Montgomery Public Schools
● Dr. Michael Gorman, President, Salem County College
● Dr. Bert Mandelbaum, Physician, Princeton Nassau Pediatrics
● Michele Samarya-Timm, Health Educator, Somerset County Department of Health
● Mr. Gary Snyder, Principal (retired), Princeton High School
More information about both the event and the impact of School Start Times can be found on our website here.
Dates to Remember
Oct. 18 - 9 AM -2 PM & 4-7 PM - Clothing Sale Drop Off
Oct. 19 - 9 AM - 1 PM - $1-2-3 Clothing Sale
Oct. 23 - "Teaming Up for Good Choices" - wear a team shirt or jersey
Oct. 25 - Wear Red to show love for self during Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 28 - 7 - 8 PM - PTO Meeting
Oct. 31 - 10:45 AM - Halloween Parade
Nov. 1 - 7 PM - 8:30 PM - Halloween Hoot - RSVP in AtoZ Connect
Nov. 6 - Read-a-Thon Ends