Trophy Ridge Newsletter
Are You Prepared For An Emergency?
An emergency is defined as "an unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action." An emergency doesn't necessarily mean a disaster. It could meant that your child needs a copy of his birth certificate to register for school, or you need a copy of the pink slip for your automobile when a brand new set of wheels catches your eye. If you don't already have important papers together in a safe place, maybe this is a good month to buy a small fireproof box and gather those papers together that might include:
- Wills, social security cards, passports, birth certificates, divorce and custody decrees, immigration documents.
- Property deeds, mortgage company address and phone number, homeowners and life insurance policies and phone numbers, copies of health insurance card and phone numbers.
- Inoculation records, health records, doctors and dentists names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Auto ownership papers, auto insurance policies and phone numbers, drivers and auto license numbers.
- Credit card numbers, addresses and phone numbers for outstanding loans.
- Stock and securities certificates, address and phone number of broker, bank account numbers, addresses and phone numbers of banks.
- A current copy of your employment resume, as well as a list of previous home addresses and dates of residence.
- An extra copy of your address book, complete with phone numbers and addresses of friends, relatives and professional resources.
You'll be surprised at how useful it will be to have this information in order and accessible.
Our Committees - We Need You!
The success of our association depends upon getting our members involved in the
various committees that the Board of Directors depends upon for support and guidance. Volunteering to serve on one of the associations committees is a great way to
become involved and contribute to our community.
An attractive feature of living in a community association is that it eliminates much of the responsibility of home ownership. But the price of that convenience is sometimes the creation of an atmosphere of apathy. As owners in community associations we tend to allow that elite group known as "them" or "they" to operate the association, attend related meetings and make important community decisions. However, we need to realize that "them" and "they" are always made up of "I", "We", "You" and "Us".
The Board of Directors is looking for homeowners who are interested in volunteering to serve on an Association committee. Contact our Association Manager for more information.
NEXT SCHEDULED BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, May 20th, 6pm
10803 Manor Creek
San Antonio, TX
More details to follow.
May Events in San Antonio
- May 14-18: Tejano Conjunto Festival en San Antonio
- May 30-June 1: San Antonio Summer Art & Jazz Festival
- May 9-August 9: Fiesta Noche Del Rio
Welcome Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pool Committee: email@example.com
Social Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grounds Beautification: email@example.com
Holiday Decorating Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org