Help Wanted: President Of The U.S.
By: Joanna Morris
Do You Have What It Takes To Be President Of The United States?
A good president is someone who takes action whenever problems threaten the nation, addresses key problems, has good communication skills, is intelligent, is knowledgeable about the government and has a strong character. Do you think you would make a good president? Read More!
Roles, Duties and Responsibilities
The President Of The United States is in charge of different roles at the same time. These roles are:
- Legislative Leader = The president must sign bills into laws. The president may suggest, request, and insist that Congress should pass laws that he believes in. Congress can either disagree or override the presidents bill/law. Working with Congress takes most of the presidents time.
- Head Of State = The president is the living symbol of the U.S. He/she plays a ceremonial role. The president represents America at special occasions and ceremonies.
- Economic Leader = The president deals with several economic issues, such as, unemployment rate, inflation, and high taxes
- Party Leader = Leader of the political party that controls the executive branch. The president selects parties national chairman
- Chief Executive = Executive order to enforce and lead the nation. The president can command and enforce a law.
- Chief Diplomat = The presidents direct foreign policy, agreements with foreign leaders that are not approved by congress.
- Commander-in-chief = This power gives the president complete control of the Army, Navy, Air force, Marines and Coast Guard.