Ms. Mac's Memos
Week of March 8th
Mission & Vision
Park Street Mission:
We Learn. We Grow. We Thrive.
Park Street Vision:
Our vision is to provide a collaborative foundation for successful learning and living through:
P- Positive Experiences
S- Supporting all students
E- Engaging with the community and creating
S- Students of excellence
Week at a Glance
- SILT in the coaches office 3:40
- Staff Meeting (Milestones Training)
- Dr. Rivera's Look, Listen, and Learn Tour in the Media Center 3:40pm (optional)
- Movie Night 3:45-5:45
- Coaches out for 1/2 day meeting
- Writing Camp 9-11 (Building open 8:30-12)
Funeral Arrangements for Ms. Robin Dolly
Unpacking Lucy Lessons
I visited our TOTY's (Ms. Vogt) room last week and had the opportunity to see how she broke down her Units of Study lesson plans. Below are quick pictures of how she planned her lesson. If you are interested in learning more or visiting her room, feel free to reach out!
Capturing Kids Hearts (CKH) in Action
If you are interested, please let me know!
School Spending reminders
- No money can stay in classrooms over night
- All money collected from students must be receipted and turned in daily
- Change CANNOT be given to students for field trips. If students turn in more money than is required, it is considered a donation to the school and must be receipted. Please communicate to parents to send in EXACT change.
- A pink form must be filled out prior to any purchase made
- ALL money collected for PTA events/fundraisers/etc. must be deposited in the PTA safe outside of the media center. (You can still send the money up in the black homeroom envelopes. We will take care of putting it in the proper safe.)
New School Updates
n order to make the transition to the new school as smooth as possible, we will be giving everyone a school map with the assigned classroom locations. (I am waiting on the final map from the architect) Our goal is to have box labels by color so it is easier for the movers to know which area/level the items go to.
The movers will NOT move personal items. For example, lamps, flexible seating, etc. If you are concerned about items being lost or broken, please take them home.
Our plan is to let everyone begin moving in the day after we are cleared to begin working in the new school. We will take one day to walk the building and ensure everything is in correct order, after that you are free to begin setting up. Keep in mind, you will not have keys at that time.
As of right now, we are about 3.5-4 weeks behind schedule. Hopefully with some dry weather we will be able to catch back up. I will keep you posted.
Furniture has been selected by the design committee and will hopefully go to the board for approval this month. There is a sample of the student desk in the coaches office.
Staff Shout Outs... (please submit shout-outs by Thursday at 3pm)
1. Stephanie Sims
Ms Sims always goes above and beyond for our students. She takes initiative and is a team player.
2. Kindergarten Team
The K team has been working very hard collaborating and setting goals to help the growth of our students. Thank you for working hard and going the extra mile. go Team!
3. Liz Powell
Ms. Powell, thank you for spending so much time planning and delivering what you learned from your OG training. I appreciate the kits you made for us to take. thank you!
4. Shawn Underwood, Rhonda Olusegun, Erin Bradley
Thank you so much for being SO supportive! You are truly like a family to me!
5. Lisa Cabrera, Dana Mosley
Thank you so much for being such wonderful co-workers and friends! You both are phenomenal people and I love you both dearly!
6. Genesis Ortiz
Genesis, your classroom is amazing! Your kids are so engaged, your transitions are quick and smooth, your students know exactly what to do and when, and your small-groups are so efficient! You are a WONDERFUL teacher and should be SO proud of the work you are doing!
7. Shawn Underwood
Congratulations on being asked to present for the district at the Discovery Ed event at Zoo Atlanta! You're an amazing teacher!!!
8. All teachers observed during peer walks
Thank you for allowing visitors into your rooms so we can learn and grow together.
Thank you for presenting and sharing your training with the school and taking the time to make all the items/resources for each person.
10. Academic Coaches
Thank you for everything you do to help support us.
11. Sotitio and ESOL team
Thank you for doing such an AMAZING job with ACCESS testing. We appreciate all of your hard work and dedication.