OSCS Temporary Campus Tell all
Learning & Flourishing
Week 2 (Aug 19 - Aug 23)
Study Island is one of the most effective tools that we have. Based on research and experience, Study Island provides great feedback about students’ mastery on standards. This data can be used for variety of reasons in instruction. Please see following Study Island expectations and notes:
- In order for a Study Island quiz to be complete, a student must earn a Blue Ribbon (70%+).
- All Study Island quizzes will be entered on OSCS Connect as a grade.
- Study Island will be assigned for homework and will also be used in class.
- Kindergarten – 2nd Grade must complete all ELA & Math Study Island quizzes for their grade level by May 4th, 2020.
- 3rd Grade must complete all 3rd grade ELA Study Island quizzes by March 9th, 2020 and all 3rd grade Math Study Island quizzes by April 10th, 2020.
- 4th Grade must complete all 4th grade ELA & Math Study Island quizzes by April 10th, 2020.
- 5th Grade must complete all 5th grade ELA, Math & Science Study Island quizzes by April 10th, 2020. Please note that for Science, students will be assigned a collective set of lessons including 3rd - 5th grade tested standards.
- Periodic Study Island incentives will take place to keep students on track and keep them motivated.
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program for reading and/or mathematics that will help your child’s teacher(s) determine your child’s needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows your teacher(s) to meet your child exactly where they are and provides data to increase your child’s learning gains. i-Ready consists of two parts: Diagnostic and Instruction.
We will begin i-Ready testing next week and use this data to formulate MTSS (intervention groups).
For additional information on i-Ready, please visit the i-Ready Family Center
Breakfast & Lunch Menu Week of August 26
Update from inside the classroom
- We have introduced STEAM to the classroom
- We are continuing to learn about self expression and best communication practices.
Our 4-6th Graders are hard at work utilizing tactics such as logical reasoning and mastering test taking strategies.
- We have completed our benchmark tests
- We are working hard on learning how to differentiate between sequence and flow of stories
- We are engaged in creating projects and administering hands-on science activities
6th Grade ELA
In ELA class, the 6th graders have done a great job finishing their benchmark tests!
5th Grade Science
Mrs. Rodriguez's 5th grade Science class discovered how to problem solve and save their pet worm Fred using only paper clips. The students worked together in groups of three and diligently to solve the mystery of Fred.
4th Grade Excellence
In recognition of Academic Excellence, 4th grade student Ayden was presented with a Certificate of Achievement from Governor Ron DeSantis for earning a perfect score on the Spring 2018-2019 FSA Reading. We are very proud of you Ayden! Go SHARKS!
5th Grade Science
Mr. Ulgut's 6th Grade Science
Students were challenged to carry a small ball using the bull ring and multiple strings through a series of obstacles. Typically teams must move the ball in a certain time onto a stand, mine was a lamp stand.
Communication, Coaching, Teamwork