Happenings Worth Hollering About
The Low Down
We're getting ready to jump into the fall season, and with the fall season comes more lost coats and sweaters than I'm willing to admit. In an attempt to help with keeping our lost and found pile to a minimum, please label your child's coat and sweater with both their first and last name. I know it sounds silly, but it helps... A LOT!
I just wanted to take a moment to BRAG about my fabulous class. Apparently, when I was absent for those two days last week, my class was practically PERFECT, especially while on the field trip. I wish I could have gone on the trip, but I can handle not going because my class was just so awesome. :)
Also, a huge thank you to all of the parents that sent in plastic bottles for our terrariums. We will be making these soon! I will definitely need some help, so when I choose the date, I will put the call out for volunteers.
I do have more professional development coming up in the near future, so please keep checking the calendar on the class website. I do my best to let my students know when I'm going to be absent and who is going to be their substitute.
Also check the calendar for when tests like Checkpoints and End of Unit assessments are going to be given. We just received our pacing schedule back for math and science, so I will be posting the test dates on the calendar by Friday afternoon.
I will do my best to get the information for reading and social studies posted on the google calendar as well.
Ms. Distler also has a class website, so be sure to check it out too!
Some important updates:
- Since Mondays are now quiz days, I will be sending home graded papers on the following Monday. I know this goes against the Thursday graded paper tradition, but I really do need the weekend to get papers graded and entered into the computer.
- Many students have not been doing their kidblog.com entries. Thank you to those are taking the time to log on regularly and not only post, but comment on other students' posts as well. If internet access is not available, that's quite alright! We can make time in class to get those posts.
- The school fundraiser is taking place rightn now. :) Every little bit helps, so please donate what you can.
- Box Tops fundraiser is now going on! Please send those Box Tops in! Not only will we be getting money for our school, but we quite possibly can get some extra recess for being the class with the most Box Tops! YAY!
- I haven't forgotten about my parent volunteers! This has been a bit of a crazy time, so I'm hoping to use the time on the teacher workday to lay out a parent volunteer plan. I know I've got eager beavers, and I apologize for not using you as a resource right now, but be patient! I will get to you!
- If there is any subject...ANYTHING...that you are passionate about or think the students would enjoy learning about, please let me know. Students love learning from people other than their teacher, so it would be great to have you!
- Harry and Nerfy are getting used to being back in the swing of things. It is hard, however, to keep up with all of their specific needs. I can always use the following things to help tend to their needs:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Tissue boxes
- Fresh vegetables such as carrots, lettuce, and celery
- Fresh herbs such as cilantro, basil, parsley, and mint
- Carefresh Natural pet bedding
I think I've completely overloaded all of you for now with tons of information. Thank you for taking the time to read this information and staying up to date on the happenings worth hollering about in our class. :)
-Ms. Garris, Nerfy, and Harry