From the Teacher's Desk
The Latest News - Feb. 13, 2016
Smiling and Teamwork during our Valentine's Party at Feed My Starving Children!
It's hard to believe we're into the second half of our school year. We've been busy since our last update. Here are some highlights:
- "I Love to Read Month" activities - including a Reading Bingo Chart
- Feed My Starving Children Field Trip
- Learned different strategies for dividing big numbers by 1 and 2 digit numbers
- Studying books by Chris Van Allsburg
- Started our new science unit on Matter and Energy
- Essay writing: working on persuasive writing, focusing on creating a thesis
- Read aloud: Sylvia and Aki
New Semester - New Routine!
In music class the 4th graders have begun to prepare for the Recorder unit! This music unit is an important part of the music curriculum here at Birchview and throughout the Wayzata elementary schools. This is a very exciting opportunity for young musicians!
The Recorder unit will begin in mid-February and last through April.
Twitter This Week
Some helpful links for fourth graders
If you have five minutes at home, practicing those facts on xtramath is a great use of your time! Your child will learn how to log in on Monday.