JCUE Monday Memo
January 4, 2021
Mission and Vision Statement
The mission of Jefferson County Upper Elementary School is to provide a 21st century learning environment that produces civically, responsible scholars that are college and career ready.
The vision of Jefferson County Upper Elementary School is to foster an enthusiastic, creative community of scholars ready to influence change in the world.
Dear Families and Community Members:
Happy New Year and welcome to 2021! Virtual classes will resume on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. Scholars will follow the schedule below Monday through Thursday. A modified Friday schedule will be published later. Assignments were reopened and missed work should be completed this week by the due date requested. Official report cards will be available online after 12 Noon January 14, 2021.
Last Names A-J
9:00 Social Studies
Last Names K-Z
8:00 Social Studies
Lunch for All- 12:00 to 12:30
A-J Log in to Health.PE
K-Z Log in to Art
Complete Assignment for Computer Lab in Canvas
1:35- Last Names A-Z
iReady Reading/Math or Brainchild Intervention
Inclusion Tutorial M-Th
A-J Log in to Art
K-Z Log in to Health.PE
Complete Assignment for Computer Lab in Canvas
Thank you parents for all you do for the scholars of Jefferson County Upper Elementary!
January Parent Meeting
Thursday, Jan. 14th, 5:30pm
This is an online event.
IN SEARCH OF THE BEST PLANNER ON THE MARKET
If your child hasn’t been using their school planner effectively this year, the fresh-start of the new year makes this a perfect time to reboot. There are planners out there that suit everyone’s needs, both in paper and online. The key is to empower your student to identify a model that works for them. There are planners marketed toward students with ADHD and executive function challenges that are worth exploring, but it’s so personal that it’s difficult to recommend just one. If your child is more tech-inclined, a quick Google search reveals a number of strong options. Here’s a good place to start. If your child does better with paper, there are hundreds of free templates online, or you can plan a quick trip to Staples with your child to browse through their large selection. In the end, the best planner on the market is the one with the design that makes the most sense to your student. Discuss, explore, and empower them to choose the one they are excited, or at least willing, to try.
Helpful Information/Tips for Parents
- Excuses for missed days should be emailed to the school secretary within three days of the absence by the parent or guardian.
- A maximum of two (2) days for illness/injury per nine weeks can be recognized as excused when a note has been signed by a parent/guardian. A student absent in excess of two (2) days per nine weeks must provide school officials with a written explanation from a health provider. These medical notes must be submitted within three (3) days following the student’s return to school.
- Any technical issues with scholars logging into class which may cause a day of missed instruction should be emailed to the teacher and school secretary by the parent or guardian.
- When students miss instruction due to internet connectivity, they must complete and submit the assignment in the instructional packet by Monday of the following week to remove the absent mark. Instructional packets are posted in Canvas weekly and available on the district website. A printed copy can be requested by calling the school office.
- Teacher meeting IDS, passwords, and links are the same (no changes). Call the front office or email the school secretary if you need the information again.
- Students should log in or attend all required classes daily for the entire period.
Student District Email
The students' district email accounts are Google (Gmail) accounts. Parents you are encouraged to add your child's account to your personal device to keep up with all information between the student and school.
Jefferson County Upper Elementary School communicates with parents and students through the following means-
- Parent Phone Calls
- Student District Email
- Monday Memo
- Active Parent
- Remind- https://www.remind.com/join/kcf362
- Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/Jefferson-County-Upper-Elementary-458910737630216/
- School Website- www.jcpsd.net/upperelementary
The Upper Elementary team is here for support and you are encouraged to contact us for assistance as we work together this school year.
Teamwork, Collaboration, and Success
Jefferson County Upper Elementary School
Ms. Ophelia Rowan, Secretary | Ext. 301 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Gretchen Carter, Counselor | Ext. 302 | email@example.com