The Towler Times
September 25th, 2015
Our Week of Learning...
- In reading, we read about Geneva's history to gain some knowledge prior to our field trip. We also practiced thinking while reading. We began to build an interactive reading notebook that will be used as a tool during guided reading. It will hold all of our lessons and the students will have this tool to use as a reading resource throughout the year.
- In math, we continue to work on division and are learning the relationship between multiplication and division! We are also learning the Commutative Property. We had our first math quiz today. The students did a wonderful job!
- In writing, are beginning to build a writer's notebook. Like our reading notebook, this will serve as a very useful tool throughout the year. We also began a short writing project detailing our favorite part of Geneva!
Our trip to the Geneva History Museum was a wonderful experience. We all learned so much! A special thank you to everyone who volunteered and to those who were able to join us!
If your child would like to practice his/her spelling words at home on the computer, below is the link to Spelling City. The lists are all available. Your child is able to play games and take practice spelling tests using his or her spelling words. The list name will be on your child's pretest each week so you will be able to find the appropriate list. Please contact me if you have any questions. Happy Spelling!
Thank you so much to everyone who ordered books from the September book order! Not only are you supporting your child's love of reading, by ordering books our class earns points which in turn helps our classroom library grow. Thank you for your support.
Star of the Week...Quinn!!
Quinn has an older brother and a younger sister. His favorite subject is math, especially division. He loves fried oysters, fishing, shopping, pretending and imagining. He hopes to someday be an actor or Lego designer. Great job, Quinn!!
Please remember to sign your child's weekly folder after reviewing the enclosed work with your learner. Please have your child return the folder to school on Monday. Thank you!!
- September 29th: Williamsburg Planting Day
- October 9th: Grandparent's Day
Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.