Learning and growing together
Meet the Coach: Penny Auld
I am so excited to be working with you again this school year! My main purpose as a literacy coach is to support staff members in their quest for reaching their goals for student learning and in the process I hope you will feel that you have the opportunity to become more confident and effective in your work as teachers. I am looking forward to working alongside you in our collaboration meetings, individual or team coaching cycle and informal coaching sessions.
Sign up for a coaching cycle today so that you don't miss out!
Coaching Cycles F.A.Q.
Formal Coaching Cycles:
- positively impacts students learning
- will last approximately one unit of study or about six weeks
- work together to look at student work, set learning goals, plan lessons, and co-teach.
- you will choose the focus based on what would benefit your students the most.
- weekly 30-45 minute planning session
- I will then work alongside you in your classroom during your reading or writing block 2-3 times a week
- can be first, second, third, or fourth quarter
Team Coaching Cycles:
- same as a formal coaching cycle just with your grade level team or another teacher
- plan together and look at data together
Informal Coaching Cycles:
- plan together once a week
- look at data together
- answer questions
- provide resources
What is Student Centered Coaching?
Co-Planning and Co-Teaching