Stonybrook Red Storm Forecast
October 26, 2020
We would like your input on how Warren is doing with health and safety measures, communication, and family needs. Please take a minute and fill out this survey.
From the Principal
Greetings Stonybrook Parents & Caregivers,
It is great to have all of our scholars back after the long two week break. We have spent some time this week reviewing our C.O.R.E (Civility, Order, Respect, and Excellence) school-wide and classroom expectations so that we can set the tone for a great 2nd quarter.
The window to change from virtual to in-person or in-person to virtual will open up on November 13th. This will be the last time that we will allow families to switch from virtual to in-person and vice versa.
eLearning Day - November 3, 2020
On November 3rd, election day, all of MSD Warren students will have an eLearning day and will not come to school. eLearning is not the same as virtual learning, here are some of the differences:
eLearning is defined as extended learning. Extended learning refers to activities that continue the instruction happening in the classroom; it is not the introduction of new concepts. This work is provided by teachers and it is aligned with district curriculum maps.
Virtual Learning is when our students take all of their courses online with their teachers. Their direct instruction and small group instruction happens on Zoom and/or CANVAS. Students do follow a daily schedule and have the same instructional expectations and routines as IN-PERSON students. Fully VIRTUAL students Kdg-12th and alternating day 6th-12th graders, will not receive direct instruction and small groups will not be offered on the eLearning Day. They will receive extended learning activities.
Here is a link our Parent/Caregiver Letter.
Please see the update for Technology Needs
2020 Census Deadline Has Been Extended
- Have you filled out your #2020Census yet? If not, Indy could be missing out on up to $30,000 for each person who goes uncounted. This money goes towards programs like school lunches, housing assistance, healthcare, road repair, and more. Respond today at 2020census.gov.
- From school boards to the U.S. House of Representatives, the #census is used to distribute power to the people. The deadline to respond to the #2020Census is coming up. Fill yours out today by visiting 2020census.gov. #CountMeINdy
- #DYK: Despite rumors and misinformation, your individual #2020Census answers cannot be shared with ANYONE for 72 years - not law enforcement, immigration, or even the President of the United States. Respond today at 2020census.gov. #CountMeINdy
- The deadline to respond to the #2020Census is coming up, so do it today at 2020census.gov or by calling (844) 330-2020. Remember, everyone counts in the #census, regardless of immigration status. Whoever you are, wherever you’re from, YOU COUNT! #CountMeINdy
- Decisions about Indy's future – and the dollars for it – come down to counting everyone in the #2020Census. It’s safe and easy to complete. Fill yours out today at 2020census.gov. #CountMeINdy
Stadium/Gymnasium Bag Policy
We are committed to your safety and enjoyable experience in our Stadium/Gymnasium. The following items are permitted in our facility:
One clear plastic or vinyl bag that does not exceed 12 inches (height) x 6 inches (depth) x
12 inches (length) or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag.
An exception may be made for any items necessary for medical purposes, subject to
Small clutch purse NO LARGER than 6 inches by 9 inches.
The following items are prohibited in our facility:
Backpacks and sports/duffel bags will not be permitted
Drawstring bags will not be permitted
Purses and tote bags will not be permitted
Diaper bags will not be permitted. Parents with infants or toddlers may carry a clear gallon
size bag with necessary items for their child.
Coolers, outside food and drinks will not be permitted.
All items are subject to inspection. Thank you so much for your support and cooperation.
Adrian D. Pettis, Chief of Police
Warren Township School Police Department
Student Success Handbook
Scholastic Book Fair, October 20-November 2
The fall book fair will be virtual. Orders of $25 or more will be shipped to your home for free. Non-book orders are not included in the total for free shipping. Click here to check out the fair.
Please remind your child to bring their face mask to school!
This includes students coming to school, please remind them to have a mask with them before leaving the house.
Our supply of masks is running low. We appreciate your help!
Attention 7th and 8th Grade Student and Parents!
School District Publications/News Media Use
The Boys and Girls Club is now at Stonybrook!
Need a Part Time Job?
Stonybrook Face Mask
Updated Black & Gold Schedule
Click the buttons below.
Click the buttons below for helpful information!
Stonybrook Refrigerator Information
ATTENDANCE LINE: 317-532-8800 EXT. 1
SCHOOL NURSE: 317-532-8806
SCHOOL HOURS: 8:55 AM - 3:55 PM
DISTRICT OFFICE: 317-869-4300
Principal: Mr. Jason Smith PH: 317-532-8804
Assistant Principal & 6th Gr. Dean: Mr. Chad Reedy PH: 317-532-8803
7th Gr.Dean: Mr. Josh Davis PH:317-532-8828
8th Gr. Interim Dean: Mr. Jeremy Dillard
5th Gr. Dean: Ms. Becky True PH: 317-532-8805
6th Gr. Counselor: Ms. Kassie Roberts PH: 317-532-8880
7th Gr. Counselor: Jenny Gullion PH: 317-532-8845
8th Gr. Counselor: Mrs. Melissa Nicholson PH: 317-532-8800 X8811
5th Gr. Counselor: Mr. Michael James PH: 317-532-8800
Athletic Director: Mr. Jeff Cummings PH: 317-532-8826