Vickie Markowitz Mod 6
Ingredients & Measurements
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener (e.g., Splenda ®)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons skim milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- In a medium bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oats, cornmeal, sweetener, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, milk and water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until moistened.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake onto the skillet. Cook until bubbles begin to form in the center, then flip and cook until browned on the other side.
These pancakes are healthy because one serving is only 121 calories and contains 1.4g of sugar. They are perfect for someone who is watching their intake. The pancakes also contain 5.5g of protein, 14% iron, and 10% calcium. Instead of using all-purpose flour, whole wheat flower is used. Nonfat yogurt is added instead of plain, and skim milk is in replace of whole milk.