Facts and Description + Ethnobotany
- Dicot plant species
- ID characteristics- 5 round short leaves, thin long stem, red berry, 5 small little leaves on the berry's stem, fuzzy stem.
- Looks like a bush with big thick leaves and stems with small red berries.
- Leaves are alternate, Flowers are white, berries are hairy drupelets and juicy to dull taste.
Craft & facts, Water Needs, Extraordinary Stuff
- Makes jam, added with clams and other food.
- Little water, anywhere where it rains and has dirt
- Often mixed with blackberries and raspberries to make cakes
Location & local location
- open forests, along roads, shorelines, clearings
- locally along Crowsin road
- low elevation, southern extent
Life cycle & Pollination
- Seeds carried from berries, grows drops more, dies. (life cycle)
- Pollinated by catching pollen from the air with its fuzz on its leaves, pollinating the flowers.