Academy of Environmental Sciences
Where Wonders Grow!
DFES Belief Statments
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters a culture of wondering and questioning.
- We believe learning should be viewed from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe reflection should lead to social action.
- We our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES ACADEMIC GOALS 2014 -2015
- increase student math achievement
- sustain and build upon student writing achievement
Strategies for accomplishing goals:
- inquiring into writing engaging curriculum for and with students through environmental education
- inquiring into instructional strategies
DFES Magnet School Open House
Tuesday, Jan. 20th, 6:30-8pm
Our site based magnet school open house is designed to give prospective families insight into our environmental sciences magnet theme in action. We are excited to showcase how our students take on the identity of scientists. Please refer to the email sent by E. Perkins regarding further details.
We will utilize parking in the rear so that prospective families can park in the church and cafeteria lots.
District leadership team members will meet as regularly scheduled. However school based committees will not meet due to our school event.