Merryhill School News
Fall Festival - October 28th
We still appreciate any of the following donations for our free event:
- Wrapped candy
- Raffle donations
- Pre-packaged baked good (brought beginning next Thursday, 10/26)
As a reminder, we will have raffle tickets available for $2/each for some great prizes and gift cards!
Open House / Math Night
Red Ribbon Week - October 23-27
Monday: Red Day - Everyone wear red uniform shirt or accessories to help raise drug free awareness.
Tuesday: Sock It to Drugs - Wear crazy socks.
Wednesday: "Hair's" to a Drug Free Life! - Wear a wacky hair style.
Thursday: "Band Together" Against Drugs - Wear a bandana.
Friday: Our School is Drug Free - Wear a Merryhill spirit shirt.
Help support this great initiative with these fun dress up days!
I will be adding this section to my weekly newsletter that will provide a different article or resource each week that you may or may not find pertains to you and your family. Even if a resource does not pertain today, you may find that it is a resource in the future.
This week I am attaching a link for an article about how the technology available in our society has affected our children. There are so many great opportunities and resources available for our children educationally through technology; however, this article does provide an interesting perspective about the parts of technology use that we should be aware of.
- October 23-27: Red Ribbon Week (See dress up days above.)
- October 27: Fantastic Friday
- October 27: Spirit Day - Wear your Merryhill spirit shirt
- October 27: Original Works art projects sent home
- October 28: Fall Festival 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- October 30: Elementary report cards sent home
- October 30: Dental Presentation for K-6th grades
- October 31: Halloween - no costumes at school please
- November 1: Fall fundraiser orders available for pick up after 2:00 p.m.
- November 2: CiCi's Spirit Night
- November 3: Original Works orders due
- November 5: Daylight savings time ends - Set your clocks back one hour.
- November 9: Open House / Math Night 7:00-8:00 p.m.