Week of March 1, 2021
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
Congratulations to Avalynn Hogan, our Learning.Leading representative for this year! She will be featured, along with the other representatives, and all teachers of the year, in an upcoming issue of the MCPSS magazine.
ACAP STATE TESTING
-Remote and virtual students are also required to test! Due to the high security of the assessment, all students will be required to test on campus. You will receive more information on how this will take place, but for now, know that if your child is remote or virtual, they will be testing with their regular class. We do not have the staff to cover for them to test at another time. We will make sure they are safely distanced from others.
-The State Department of Education requires that we reach a 95% student attendance rate for state testing. Therefore we need every student to test!
- March 1-5: Read Across America Week!
- March 5: First Friday assembly of the year! We will split the grades in order to more easily maintain our social distancing. K-2nd will be our first group, and grades 3-5 will participate the following week.
- March 5: Kona Ice fundraiser- info on cup sizes and costs will be sent home with students
- March 5: Picture money is due for those who took makeups
- March 15: ACAP state testing begins (ends April 30)
- April 5-9: Spring Break!
- April 14: "Dress for Success" spring pictures