News from 4th Grade
Week of 2/21 - 2/24
News at a glance
- Next week is Read Across America week! There is a dress up day for each day next week. See below for details!!
- We will have a new student coming to our classroom on Monday :)
- We will have a Social Studies test on Wednesday
Piper and McKenzie are sorting triangles based on their sides and angles!
Here, Connor is using a protractor to measure the acute angle on his triangle.
Mac has successfully sorted his triangle and reasoned why each triangle fits into a different category.
Read Across America Week
How are we celebrating??
Dear Lingle Families,
Next week we will be celebrating Read Across America! We have many activities scheduled, including themed dress days for students and staff. Please see [below] on the themes for each day. See you on Monday in your favorite hat!
- Monday, Feb. 27th “THE CAT IN THE HAT” - Wear a hat!
- Tuesday, Feb. 28th “IF I RAN THE ZOO” - Wear animal print or a shirt with an animal on it!
- Wednesday, March 1st WACKY WEDNESDAY - Wear mismatched or inside out clothes.
- Thursday March 2nd “OH, THE PLACES YOU’LL GO!” - What do you want to be when you grow up? Dress like it!
- Friday March 3rd “SLEEP BOOK” & “I AM NOT GOING TO GET UP TODAY” - Wear your pajamas to school.
On Wednesday, performers from the high school musical production came to preview their musical performance!! Here Mrs. Hoover is introducing the performers and music director.
As you can see, the kids LOVED it and felt like the performers were famous.
I think it's safe to say we wish all performers luck at their performance but we were big fans!
What we're learning this week...
Journey's Reading: Wednesday to Wednesday
- Target Vocabulary: appreciate, blaring, combination, promptly, introduce, nocturnal, feats, effort, suggest, racket
- Vocabulary Strategy: Using context
- Comprehension Skill: Theme—examine characters’ qualities and motives to recognize the theme
- Comprehension Strategy: Summarize— use your own words to express the important ideas in a selection
Homework: A worksheet will go home on Monday with a column to complete each night. Students are more than welcome to complete night's early, however we will go over the homework each night. It is a review of skills already taught.
Fluency: This week will focus on 0-11 division fluency facts.
Fitness Monthly ROAR reward
Here Piper and Clayton are enjoying our fitness station at our monthly ROAR reward!
Max is working on his push-up skills at our ROAR reward!
Here our class is calming our minds by learning new yoga stretches!
When are conferences?
Tuesday, March 9th: 5:00-8:00pm
Monday, March 13th: 12:00-3:00pm, and 5:00-8:00pm
How do I sign up?
follow the link from the PASD Lingle Webpage
**Please remember due to time constraints, only one conference per child can be scheduled.
Today we enjoyed the beautiful reading by buddy reading outside
Here Piper and Cameron are buddy reading our Journey's story this week, Sacagawea!
One of our fitness ROAR rewards was to play dodgeball!