Did You Know?
Facts About Water
More than 780 million people in the world lack access to clean water
3.4 million people die each year from a water-related disease
2.5 billion people do not have access to toilets
80% of world’s water consumption is for agriculture
- Each American uses an average of 100 gallons of water a day at home.
- More than 25% of bottled water comes from a municipal water supply, the same place that tap water comes from.
- Water is a finite resource—even though about 70 percent of the Earth's surface is covered by water, less than 1 percent is available for human use.
What Can You Do?
- Take shorter showers
- Turn off the water when brushing teeth and shaving
- Water your lawn in the morning
- Upgrade older toilets with more efficient models
- Collect rainwater to water your garden