Comings and Goings
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Welcome Back from the February Break!
On February 14, we celebrated both Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday. You might be wondering if those two days have anything in common, and the answer is yes! They are both about our hearts. On Valentine's Day, we give our hearts to those we care about. On Ash Wednesday, we begin Lent. It's a special time to "return to God with our whole heart" and tell him just how much we love him and want to be close to him.
Lord, you hold each one of us in your heart. May we never forget that.
The Truth about Drugs - Presentation for Parents
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Speaker: Dwayne Peace
Retired Police School Resource Officer
Time: 7 pm
Approximately 2 hours
Place: MSA Auditorium
Topic: The Truth about Drugs
Hosted by the Home and School Association
We encourage parents to attend this session as it will provide information on the type and impact drugs are having on our youth. This is a real problem for our youth and in our community, and as parents and teachers we must be informed in order to understand the consequences.
The Home and School Association will be providing soup and refreshments.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Mrs. Kellie Barbosa
295-4134 Ext. 1903
- Monday 19th: School resumes
- Wednesday 21st: No Home and School Association Meeting at 5:30 pm - The Truth about Drugs presentation at 7:00 pm
- Thursday 22nd: Elementary Assembly at 8:30 am
- Friday 23rd: Bermuda Heart Association non-uniform day ($2 donation)
- Wednesday 28th: Middle School Awards Ceremony at 8:30 am
- Thursday 1st: PSAT for Grade 9
- Friday 2nd: Mass for MSA 128th Birthday at 10:30 am (ELP-12)
- Friday 2nd: HS Student Council Family Movie Night
- Friday 2nd: Grade 1 - 12 Application Deadline for September 2018 enrollment
- Saturday 3rd: HS Debate Tournament at Warwick Academy 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Friday 9th: Premiere Showing of the Award Winning Movie - A Wrinkle in Time at the Liberty Theatre - 7 pm - Tickets $25 available from the MSA Business Office
- Monday 12th: St. Baldrick's Fundraiser in the auditorium at 9 am
- Saturday 17th: Science Olympics
- Monday 19th: Feast of St. Joseph Fathers' Prayer Service at 9 am (K-5)
- Tuesday 20th: Reconciliation Services (Gr. 3 - 8; 10 - 12)
- Wednesday 21st: Parent Teacher Conferences (ELP-5: 3:30 to 5)(6-12: 4-6:30)
- Thursday 22nd: Parent Teacher Conferences (ELP-5: 3:30 to 5)(6-12: 4-6:30)
- Friday 23rd - 25th: DoE Silver Expedition
- Saturday 24th - 25th: DoE Bronze Expedition
- Tuesday 27th: Elementary Assembly at 8:30 am
- Thursday 29th: St. John Ambulance non-uniform day ($2 donation)
- Thursday 29th: NOON DISMISSAL
- Friday 30th: EASTER BREAK until Friday, April 13th
Dwayne Peace - Presentations for students
Tuesday, February 20 - Grades 6 and 7 will be participating in THINK DAY - this is a presentation that covers issues such as being mean, rude and disrespectful to other students, the importance of speaking the truth, the power of their words, acknowledging that everyone has a gift, the importance of social media, cyber bullying, rumors, gossip and drama. This session begins as an assembly, then Mr. Peace will visit individual classes and answer questions.
Wednesday, February 21 - Grades 8 - 12 will be attending the session on "The Truth about Drugs". Grades 8 and 9 - 8:30 - 11:30 am; Grades 10, 11, and 12 - 12:30 - 3:30 pm. Students on Work Experience are asked to inform their employers that they will be remaining at school for the afternoon and not attending their work experience.