Advantage Arts Academy | January 7, 2022
In This Issue:
- Dates to remember
- Message From the Principal
- Open House and Literacy Night
- Registration for Current/Returning students for 2022-2023
- This week at Advantage Arts
- Drop off and Pick Up procedures
- Dress Code Policies
- Lost and Found
- Center Stage
- After School Clubs
- Get Involved
- Breakfast and Lunch - Free Lunch Options
- Advantage Arts is Hiring
Dates to Remember
- Monday, January 10- Acadience Reading and Math MOY Testing Begins for the month
- Monday, January 10- Violin Club 3:15
- Tuesday, January 11- Drama Club workshop begins 3:30
- Wednesday, January 12- 1st Grade Goods and Services Day
- Wednesday, January 12- Violin Club 3:15
- Thursday, January 13- Student Government 3:30
- Friday, January 13- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
- Monday, January 17- NO SCHOOL/Martin Luther King Day
- Tuesday, January 18- NO SCHOOL/ Professional Development Day
- Wednesday, January 19 to Friday, January 27- BOOK FAIR
- Wednesday, January 19- Advantage Arts Stars
- Wednesday, January 19- Open House and Literacy Night 6:00PM-7:00PM
- Wednesday, January 19- Violin Club 3:15
- Wednesday, January 19- Art Club 3:15
- Friday, January 21- EARLY RELEASE (School is out at 1:30)
Message from the Principal
Dear Advantage Arts Family,
We are thrilled to have our students back in school! Our staff and students alike are excited to be learning together again, and as a school we are eager to accomplish great things in 2022.
As always, we are grateful for your support and cooperation, particularly as we strive to provide a safe learning environment for your children during the pandemic. The coronavirus and its variants remain a challenge in our community and in our school. We continue to implement COVID-19 safety protocols and are doing our best to follow state law and health department guidelines. As you may be aware, last week the Utah Department of Health and local health departments issued updated isolation and quarantine guidelines. The new isolation and quarantine guidelines include, in sum:
Isolation. If a student tests positive for COVID-19:
- The student must stay home from school for at least 5 days from the day the student was tested. This applies regardless of whether the student is vaccinated or has any symptoms.
- The student can return to school after 5 days if the student is fever-free for at least 24 hours and the student’s symptoms (if any) have improved. The student should also wear a mask, including at school, for 5 days after isolation.
Quarantine. If a student is exposed to someone with COVID-19:
- If the student is fully vaccinated, the student does not need to quarantine at home. However, the student should wear a mask, including at school, for 10 days after the exposure.
- If the student is not fully vaccinated, the student should stay home from school for at least 5 days from the day the student was exposed. The student can return to school after 5 days if the student doesn’t have any symptoms. The student should also wear a mask, including at school, for an additional 5 days.
- If the student can’t stay home from school, the student may attend school but should wear a mask at school during the 10 days after their exposure.
For additional information regarding the updated isolation and quarantine guidelines as well as testing recommendations, please visit: https://coronavirus-download.utah.gov/Health/Updated-Guidance-on-Isolation-and-Quarantine-for-the-General-Population-12-28.pdf. If you have any questions or want any additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
OPEN HOUSE AND LITERACY NIGHT!
Registration for 2022-2023 School Year is NOW OPEN
aspire | Welcome (usoe-dcs.org to sign into your students aspire and click on the link at the top of the page under your students name that says, "Register student for Grade____". This is for current and returning students.
This week at Advantage Arts Academy
This week since we had so much snow in the field each grade attempted to make snowmen. By Wednesday some of First grade convinced the lunch recess duty to help them stack the head and body together! They were screaming "SNOWMAN" in their picture. These first graders claim it was the best day ever! Their faces say it all!
Drop Off and Pick Up Times and Procedures
Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grade Students NEED TO BE PICKED UP IN FRONT of the school. If your Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd Grade student has a sibling in the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th Grade, the upper grade students will head to the common area between the front doors and office at 3:10, (Or when excused with the other students with younger siblings by their teacher) and will walk with the younger student to the front pick up area. This is for the safety of our staff and students. Please be sure to follow these procedures so that pick up can run smoothly.
Please remember that school starts at 8:45. After 8:50AM you will need to walk your student into the school and check them in for the morning. Monday-Thursday school is out at 3:15PM. If you arrive after 3:30PM you will need to come into the school to pick up your student. Friday's School is Early Release and get out at 1:30. If you are not here before 1:45 to pick up your student you will need to walk into the office to pick up your student.
Dress Code Reminder
Monday- Friday (Unless Dressed in Spirit Wear for Friday)
- Tops need to be polo style and can be: RED, NAVY BLUE, HUNTER GREEN, WHITE, BLACK, or HEATHER GREY.
- Polo Dresses can be the same colors as polo shirts.
- Bottoms can be pants, shorts, jumpers, skirts or skirts in the colors: NAVY BLUE, KHAKI, GREY, or BLACK.
- Leggings can be worn in the same colors but must be worn under a skirt or dress. Leggings on there own are not allowed.
- Outerwear for inside of the school can be the same color as polo shirts or dresses and NEED TO BE LOGO FREE!
- NO Flip Flops, Sandals, Open heeled shoes or Heelys during regular dress code, Friday's or Spirit Days.
- Hair color MUST be Natural color.
Friday's or Spirit Days
- Friday's students are welcome to wear regular dress code attire.
- Tops for Friday's or spirit days can also be any Advantage Arts Spirit shirts, or any solid RED, NAVY BLUE, HUNTER GREEN, WHITE, BLACK or HEATHER GREY shirt as long as there are NO logos.
- Bottoms for Spirit Day or Friday's can be any solid color blue jeans with no rips or tears
See the link below for further information or visit or call the front office with any questions. If your student is out of dress code they will need to go to the front office and call home to have someone bring them dress code attire. Thank you all so much for your cooperation.
Lost and Found
There has been a lot of coats and jackets accumulating in our lost and found. Please remember we will hold items for 4 weeks and on the 5th week we will donate left over items. All items put out during parent teacher conference have been donated. Please make sure to check as soon as items are lost, we keep the current weeks lost and found in the lunch room but if your items aren't found there, please check with the front office.
3rd Grade Northern Lights
In third grade we learned about the Northern Lights and why they happen. We made our own versions of the Northern Lights with chalk pastels. Students loved blending the pastels together to create a beautiful sky.
1st Grade Color Wheels
In first grade we learned about how light and color are connected. We learned how to mix the secondary colors from the primary colors. After finishing the traditional color wheel, students mixed their own colors and had a blast doing that.
Kindergarten Winter Trees
In kindergarten we are continuing to learn about the seasons. We talked about Winter and what trees look like during the Winter time. We made snow by tearing paper and cutting triangles and rectangles for the trees. We added snow falling from the sky and on the trees with oil pastels.
After School Clubs
ART CLUB WILL NOT BE HELD THIS WEDNESDAY JANUARY 12th!!!!
Thank you to everyone that participated in Art Club this past semester! We had a great time trying out new materials and creating together. This past Wednesday was our last meeting for this semester's group.
If you would like to sign up your student for second semester Art Club please sign up at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0448AEAB2CA1F49-aaaart1
There are 20 spots, so they will fill up quickly. Please do not sign up if your student already did art club for the first semester, so more students can have the opportunity. Art club will start on Wednesday, January 19th and go through May 4th on every other Wednesday. There is a $40 participation fee that needs to be paid in the office to cover the cost of supplies. Looking forward to another semester of creating!
Violin Music Club is FULL
Violin Club will be for 3rd-6th Grade Student and is on MONDAY OR WEDNESDAY from 3:15-4:15. Students in the Violin Music Club will need go straight to ROOM 201 (Next to Mrs. Redd's art room) after school. On the day your student has club, larger instruments can be brought into the front office in the morning and must be picked up on the way to room 210.
Drama Club- 2nd Semester workshop sign-ups
Sign up for the Spring Drama Club Workshops, leading up to auditions for Little Women!
Please sign up ONCE PER CHILD using the following QR Code or link:
More information is available on the sign-up page.
Please email Miss Thomas with any questions at email@example.com. Thank you!
We have so many fun opportunities to volunteer at our amazing school and be part of all of the fun!
Our next big volunteer opportunity is Kindness Week , January 24th-27th and our Valentine Parties!
Thank you to everyone that has volunteered so far this year. You are the reason Advantage Arts Academy is so amazing.
Breakfast & Lunch
- Monday, January 10- Flavored Bread or Muffin
- Tuesday, January 11- Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll or Breakfast Burrito
- Wednesday, January 12- Pancakes or Waffle Sandwich
- Thursday, January 13- Fresh Baked Cinnamon Roll or Breakfast Pizza
- Friday, January 14- Breakfast Taco or Waffle
- Monday, January 10- Popcorn Chicken or Corn Dog
- Tuesday, January 11- Mandarin Chicken or Walking Taco
- Wednesday, January 12- Wild Mike's Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza or Malibu Chicken Sandwich
- Thursday, January 13- Chicken Parmesan Sandwich or Lasagna Rolls
- Friday, January 14- Hotdog Wrap or Meatball Sub
Sending Lunch From Home?
Students are welcome to bring lunch from home to eat! This year students can also supplement home lunch with a fruit, veggie, and milk (they must pick three to count as a free lunch) for FREE.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR STUDENTS ARE TAKING CARE OF THEIR ADVANTAGE ARTS ACADEMY LIBRARY BOOKS!
If you are looking to make any donations to our library there are many ways you can donate funds or books to the library.
1: You can bring new or used book donations into the front office of Advantage Arts Academy.
2:You can find our Advantage Arts Academy Library wish list through Amazon at the link below and purchase books directly from Amazon. You can choose from there to have to books shipped directly to the school or ship them to you and bring them into the office.
3: You can follow the link below for the campaign created by a close friend of Mrs. Evans per the request of her family. The money donated to this campaign is used by Miss Loni, our Librarian, to purchase books directly from the Scholastic website and each book purchased through the campaign will have an "A reader Lives A Thousand Lives, Honoring Lisa Evans" campaign plate on the inside cover of each book.
Become Part of Our Advantage Arts Academy Team!!!!
Advantage Arts Academy is still looking for a READING TEACHING ASSISTANT and ESL TEACHING ASSISTANT.
We still have limited seats available for the 2021-2022 school year. Please share with your friends, family members, and neighbors so they have the best chance possible to secure their spot at Advantage Arts!