Connor Simpson Period 1

Italy

Interesting Facts

Most Italian breakfasts consist of coffee of hot chocolate and a roll or a croissant. Lunch or dinner is the main meal, and consists of Three courses. Pasta, fish or meat, and vegetables. Pizza is sometimes served, although it is a thinner Italian version. Most Italians play Soccer, but other popular sports are swimming, horse racing, bicycling, skiing, track-and-field, boxing, fencing, tennis, swimming,and horse racing. some popular vacation sites are Rome, the beaches, and soccer games. Italy is Famous for its art, architecture, and its music. Holidays include new years (January 1st), Epiphany (January 6th), liberation day (April 25th), Labor day(May 1st), Anniversary of the republic (June 2nd), All Saints' day (November1st) and Christmas (December 25th.)

Rleigions

80% of Italy is Christian. the other 20% is Atheist and Agnostic, with a bunch of other religions mixed in.

Italian Phrases

Hello=Ciao
Goodbye=addio
How much does this cost=Quanto costa questo?
Where's the bathroom=dov'è il bagno?
What's your name?=Qual è il tuo nome?

Government

Italy Is a republic. A republic is a democracy divided into 3 branches. The US is another example of a republic. It is divided into 20 regions, and it is run by a president, a prime minister, and a 315 seat senate.

Currency

the Italian Currency is the Euro.
The exchange rate is 0.7194 euros per US dollar.

Citation

Photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blacken1772/4164174195/ Italian Bread 12/27/06
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hardboiled/120375522/ colluseum
http://www.flickr.com/photos/floris-oosterveld/2771203019/ Italian Flag
Websites
"Central Intelligence Agency." CIA. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/it.html>.
"Subscriber Area Only." CultureGrams Online Database:. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013. <http://online.culturegrams.com/world/world_country.php?contid=5>.
Flickr. Yahoo!, n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013. <http://www.flickr.com/groups/creative_commons-_free_pictures/>.