Hampton Bays Middle School
Parent Express Bulletin #2
Thanks for a great Opening Week!
On behalf of our Middle School Faculty and Staff, thank you for being an important part of making last week a smooth and successful Opening Week for our students! It was our pleasure to see our "veteran" middle schoolers get back to life in middle school. It was equally as rewarding to meet and greet our fifth graders and students who are new to our school community.
As we settle into our familiar and new school routines, there are a few items from this week worth mentioning:
- Thank you to our parents for your patience and cooperation during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up procedures. We always appreciate being able to move traffic along with efficiency, and getting better at it, with each passing day. Our staff has been working closely with our students to reminding to be helpful to these processes. The cooperation has made all the difference!
- Thank you to our students for taking the extra time to stay safe. For our bike riders, thanks for wearing helmets. For our skateboard riders, thanks for leaving these at home. And for our walkers, we appreciate how you've made extra efforts to walk on sidewalks and cross at cross-walks. Please remind your children that their safety is our top priority, and as pedestrians, they should stay alert to vehicular traffic.
- And, thank you to our families for arriving on-time to school each day. Advisory begins with the morning bell, which rings at 7:45 each morning. This means our students are expected to be seated in their advisory class at that time. When students are able to manage their time, it helps them have a productive school day.
In case you missed last week's bulletin, our purpose is to maintain an open communication line and to share information to help keep us all prepared for the joys and challenges of middle school. We hope you enjoy what's enclosed here, and if you'd like to see more or less of something, please remember we are a call (or email) away.
Enjoy the Labor Day Weekend!
Patriot Day Flag Ceremony (9-11 Remembrance Ceremony)
Friday, Sep. 11th, 9:30am
72 Ponquogue Avenue
Hampton Bays, NY
5 Resources to Support our Middle School Journey
This Week at HBMS!
Love these photos?
- Follow our HBMS Twitter account @HamptonBays_MS !
- Visit our school website: www.hbschools.us .
- Keep an eye on the PTO PEX, which will share a monthly collection of images showing "Life at HBMS".
And...if you have photos or articles worth sharing, please send them our way!