Perpetual Puking Problems?
Did you know...
Between 5 and 20 of teens with bulimia will die because of the disorder?
- Has swelling in the cheeks or jaw area
- Takes frequent trips to the bathroom after eating or during meals
- Is withdrawing from his or her usual friends or activities
- Doesn't want to eat in public or in front of others
- Or has callouses on the back of his or her hand or knuckles (possibly from self-induced vomiting)
Then he or she may have bulimia.
Britney Spears has had bulimia, too!
In 2007, it was reported that Britney Spears has been dealing with bulimia since the age of 16 to keep herself from gaining weight. She was able to stop the habit during her two pregnancies but started up again after her sons were born in an effort to lose the added baby weight.