View Ridge News
August 30, 2021
School Starts on Wednesday!
Here is information for you as we get ready to start the school year. Some of the information will be new and other information will be a repeat of last week's newsletter. Please look through it and contact us with any questions!
View Ridge Elementary Arts Academy
Virtual Open House Tomorrow
Date and time: Tuesday, August 31st from 4:00-5:00.
A link will be sent out through email for this event. The link will go live at 4:00.
Please email us if you feel we do not have your email address in our system and we will send the link to you.
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
Arrival - No sooner than 8:55
Adults, please remain in your vehicle.
Students may leave vehicles to enter school at 8:55.
No temperature checks or attestation forms this year.
Students who are “walkers”:
Students may not arrive before 8:55 as the school and playground will be closed.
Students on buses will be dropped off between 8:55 and 9:05.
As soon as school doors are open (8:55), students may enter.
Students with class in the building will enter the main school doors.
Students whose classes are in the portables may enter through the gate that leads to the portables.
Dismissal - 3:35
- Please remain in your vehicle.
- A staff member will check-in with you and let the teacher know you are here.
- Your child(ren) will be dismissed to meet your car.
- Dashboard Sign: A yellow paper will come home on the first day with your child's name and their teacher's name. Please place this on your dashboard at pick up time.
Walking to Pick Up Your Child:
- Please meet a staff member at the front of the school.
- We will let the teacher know you are here.
- Please remember to maintain social distancing while waiting. Thank you!
First Day Information
First Day of School
Wednesday, Sept. 1st - First-Fifth Grades
Tuesday, Sept. 7th - Kindergarten
9:05-3:35 - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
9:05-1:40 - Wednesday (early release)
Masks are required for all students, staff, and visitors, even if you have been vaccinated.
Most questions can be answered by clicking on this link and reviewing our district's Back-to-School Guide.
The only items your child will need to bring are:
Breakfast and Lunch
- A backpack
- A pencil box
- Headphones or earbuds
- Their Bremerton School District Chromebook
Returning Chromebooks on the First Day
Please Return Student Chromebooks
- Please send students with their Bremerton School District Chromebook and charger on the first day of school (even if it is damaged or no longer working).
- Chromebooks will be swapped out and re-assigned to students as needed so each student will have a chromebook to use.
- Kindergarten students will also have a chromebook assigned to them that will stay in the classroom.
- Hot Spots: If you have a hot spot from our district, those will work until September 15th. After that day, they will no longer work but can be swapped out for a new one at school if needed.
Class List Information
How can I find out who my child's teacher is?
You will be able to find out who will be your child’s teacher by going to Skyward Family Access online. The teacher's name is listed as "Advisor". If you need help accessing or creating an account, please contact our office at 360-473-4500.