Staff Weekly Update
August 20th - 24th, 2018
What a way to end our week! However, it was truly one of the smoothest dismissals and no one skipped a beat, no matter WHAT started to shut down! THANK YOU.
Now with the first eight days under our belt, all arrival, lunch, and dismissal procedures will proceed as normal. IF you feel your class needs some extra support at dismissal, please let us know we can assist you. Below are a few reminders:
- Please stand outside your door to meet and greet your students
- When the 7:50 bell rings, we will let all K-4th students enter the building at once
- For buses, we will dismissal 3rd/4th, then 1st/2nd, and then KDG last
- Classroom Teachers - please be the ones on the microphones during lunch and when you start lunch clean-up/dismissal. Thank you!
- 2:00 - All call page to ask students to pick up red folders
- 2:20 BELL - All KDG-4th graders CAR RIDERS should start arriving at Door #1
- 2:25 BELL:
- All KDG-4th graders for BAC, Spanish, UP siblings - CAFE
- All KDG-4th graders walking or biking home - Door #14
- All KDG should start loading the buses FIRST
- 2:30 (no bell) - All 1st-4th should start loading the buses - WAIT to get on the buses until you get the signal from a bus duty staff member.
- 2:35 (no bell) - Buses should be leaving SGE at the latest in order to get to their middle school routes on time
With much respect,
So what should this evening look like?
Please join Terri Brown and Leslie Frobig for this optional staff meeting from 2:40-3:30 on Monday 8/20. They will provide you with their tips and tricks for getting the parents on your side and ensuring the school year starts off on the right foot! The location will be announced at the end of the school day. Thank you!
Unfortunately, and after conferring with Kyle Beimfohr, Office 365 Forms does NOT create a linked spreadsheet and constantly updates after each form has been submitted. Therefore, since these two documents are not student-sensitive information, I have changed the forms back to Google Forms. The new links are below.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FILLED OUT ONE OR BOTH OF THESE OFFICE 365 FORMS - don't worry! I copied and pasted your information to the Google Forms so that I have a record of what you filled out. Both of these Office 365 Forms are no longer accepting answers.
If you filled out the Personal Business Leave Request - I sent you an email today to notify if your request(s) were approved.
If you filled out a PTO Wish List Request - Please know that I have not yet replied back to anyone. I will be meeting with Jen Evans this week to start going over these requests.
Mon. Aug. 20th
- NWEA: 8/14 - 8/31
- 10:20 - Farley in Emily Clare's room
- 2:30 - Optional Staff Mtg - Tips for Curriculum Night - Location TBA
- 2:45 - Staffing for 1st grader - Largent, Fure, Benefiel - conf. room
Tues. Aug. 21st
- NWEA: 8/14 - 8/31
- 7:45 - SPED mtg for KDG'r - Andries, Largent, Wagner - conf. room
- 11:00 - Fire Inspection - Largent & ZFD
- 1:00 - USS Team mtg - Largent, Farley, Slonaker & USS team - conf. room
- 2:45 - Move-in ICC for 4th grader - Watson, Farley, Fure, Milam - conf. room
- 2:45 - 504 mtg. for 4th grader - Wetzel, Brown - Jessica's office
Wed. Aug. 22nd
- NWEA: 8/14 - 8/31
- 2:30 - RtI Academics Team mtg - conf. room
Thurs. Aug. 23rd
- NWEA: 8/14 - 8/31
- 9:30 - 11:30 - Literacy Coach mtg - Spillman & Largent - PVE
- 11:00 - International Fair mtg - Largent, Farley, and PTO - conf. room
- 2:45 - BST Mtg w/ Christina Moore - Largent, Farley & USS Team - conf. room
- 5:30 - 8:00 - CURRICULUM NIGHT
Fri. Aug. 24th
- NWEA: 8/14 - 8/31
- RtI PLC Meetings - all day - conf. room
- 8:30 - Wetzel in Emily Clare's room
- 5:30 - Largent in the Dunk Tank at Eagle Fest - Jennings Field
Upcoming Events . . .
Fri. Sept. 7th - SMILE! School Picture Day!
Mon. Sept. 10th & Tues. Sept. 11th - Largent out for Advanced School Safety Training
Thurs. Sept. 13th - Staff Meeting
Thurs. Sept. 13th - Fri. Sept. 14th - 4th Gr. at Camp Tecumseh
(Thursday evening from 6-10PM - Largent/Farley travel to camp for the Camp Fire event)
Fri. Sept. 14th - 3rd Gr. Field Trip - Indy Zoo
Wed. Sept. 26th - PTO's JOG-A-THON
A Friendly Reminder from Becky Coffman
- The Board of Trustees on Monday evening named Chris Kuonen as Facilities Manager and Tye Hindsley as Facilities Assistant Manager. Please join me in congratulating these folks!
- For all HVAC issues, SGE will continue to communicate with Jeff Wade and Chris Kuonen
Marquis Commercial Solutions (new custodial services provider):
Margo Guevara, General Manager
Debbie Baker, Director of Operations
(please make sure you are not using her ABM account)
Nancy Petry is the inventory/inspector who will do inventory and order product as needed. As part of her inspector role, she will be walking all buildings making sure that cleaning is being done accordingly. She will be asked to help fill in when necessary.
Charles Turner - he will oversee 2nd shift items for ZWEST, SGE, PVE and BME.
The information for the Marquis Work Order system is below.
DUNK TANK ITEMS NEEDED FOR EAGLEFEST!
Important Announcements & Reminders
Leaving EARLY afterschool and you've gotten permission from Connie/Martha . . .
- If this is the case for you, please help us by always emailing the entire office team to let them know you've gotten permission and also leave your cell # in the email message, in case we need to contact you.
- Who is the "office team?" Connie, Martha, Angie, Jen, Jessica, Hailey
MARQUIS IS OUR NEW CUSTODIAL PARTNER!
- Just in case you haven't heard, Marquis is our new custodial partner.
- Thankfully, we have retained James as our lead custodian and in the evenings we will continue to have Lee (HOORAY!) and now you'll see a second gentleman - Will. He is incredibly kind and hard working! Please welcome him to SGE should you see him after school.
- Please read the next section below to find out about Marquis' work order process.
LINKS TO WORK ORDERS & *NEW* GOOGLE FORM LINKS
Technology Work Orders - Reminder from Dan Layton:
- Click here to access this link.
- It is always extremely helpful if you can submit actual technology work orders for any help you need. Please refrain from picking up the phone or emailing a question.
Marquis Work Orders:
Did your trash not get picked up? Does it seem the carpet didn't get vacuumed? Please help Angie & Jen out by filling out the Marquis work order on your own. Thanks!
1. Go to the Zionsville web site
2. Click on Teachers/Staff tab
3. Scroll down about halfway
4. Look for: Custodial Work Orders by Building
5. Click on Stonegate
Click here to access the Teachers/Staff tab
18-19 PTO Wish List - NEW GOOGLE FORM LINK!
- Click the NEW LINK HERE to access this Office 365 Form
Personal Business Leave Request - NEW GOOGLE FORM LINK!
- Please click the NEW LINK HERE to access this form and then don't forget to SAVE this page under your "favorites."
- Finally, as a friendly reminder of our ZCS Personal Business Leave + good information to know for our newest staff, I have copied/pasted the email about personal days sent by Becky Coffman on 5/8/16. This is per our CBA - Collective Bargaining Agreement
- A. Amount – Each employee shall be entitled to be absent from work three (3) days each school year for the transaction of personal business or the conduct of personal or civic affairs. Such leaves may be used in whole or half day increments. Requests for personal business leave should be made 48 hours in advance in writing to the building principal. In cases of emergency or other similar unforeseen circumstance, requests may be made orally to both the substitute coordinator and the building principal.
- B. Employees are discouraged from using personal business leave on staff development days or to extend a school vacation. If used on a staff development day then the employee remains totally responsible for securing the learning lost from their being absent during that activity.
- C. Accumulation – If an employee does not use all of the personal business leave in a given school year, the remaining personal business leave shall be accumulated for use in later school year, except that no more than a total of two (2) days may be accumulated from earlier school years for use as personal business leave, so that the maximum total personal business leave available in any one school year is three (3) days earned during the school year and up to two (2) days accumulated from earlier school years or a total of five (5) days.
- D. Conversion to Sick Leave – Any unused personal business leave not accumulated for use in later years as personal business leave shall be added to the employee’s accumulated sick leave.