CSD Independent Study with Stride
Friday, August 27, 2021
Required Regular Check-in with District Supervising Teachers
In addition to your child’s Stride virtual teacher, your child will have a Cambrian supervising teacher who will conduct regularly scheduled check-ins.
Grade TK-3 Students:
Every Wednesday 8:30-8:45am
Meeting ID: 958 1161 1034
Grade 4-5 Students:
Daily (Monday-Friday) 8:45-9:00am
Meeting ID: 972 6620 3998
Grade 6-8 Students:
Meeting ID: 986 1534 2793
As a requirement of the independent study program, your child will be participating in the Cambrian district’s assessment. Your supervising teacher will send communication regarding the assessment schedule. All district assessments will be administered online.
District Supervising Teachers
Your child has been assigned a District Supervising Teacher. If you have district related questions, please email the following contacts:
TK-2: Emily White, firstname.lastname@example.org
3-5: Kristin Fery, email@example.com
6-8: Chrissy Terwilliger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with IEPs: Christina Sanchez, email@example.com
The Cambrian School District website also has additional information under this ISVSP link, including the steps to check out a Cambrian device if needed.
Returning to In-person Instruction
If you have questions about returning to in-person instruction when you are ready, please contact Linh Nguyen, Assistant Superintendent of Ed Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-558-4916.
NEW UPDATES! - ADDITIONAL ACADEMIC SUPPORT SESSIONS FOR STUDENTS IN STRIDE!
Starting on Monday 8/30, your students are going to see some additional help sessions specific to each course they are enrolled in Stride!
- These sessions will run Monday - Thursday and will be subject specific.
- Certified instructors will be hosting these sessions (although they will not be their Stride teachers)
- These links will be embedded into each course that students have so students can click on whichever sessions they need help with. Make sure your student look for those sessions in Stride learning platform.
- All sessions will be recorded so if they miss one that they need, they can always listen to it later
- Their Stride teachers will be sending announcements out on this so look for those announcements in your Stride account.
SUPPORT FROM STRIDE
If you have any questions or concerns about your child's academic program and your role as the Learning Coach, please reach out to your child's Stride teacher(s).
If you have technical questions about Stride's learning platform, such accessing your account, loggin, course materials, etc., please use the following contact information for assistance:
- Engage Strong Start Website (LC-specific resource for getting started, events and resources)
- Includes links to resources that may have been previously shared too.
- Service Station (knowledgebase of FAQ – geared for any user, access to call/chat/submit a ticket for support, contact Academic Support chat)
- K12 Help Desk (expansive knowledgebase of FAQ – geared for full-time virtual families, help articles, system how-tos)
ISVSP WITH STRIDE THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR
Check for email from the teacher and respond, as needed.
For grades 4-8 students, make sure that you check in daily with your Cambrian Supervising Teacher via Zoom.
Follow and complete the scheduled daily lessons.
Mark lessons complete and record daily online and offline attendance.
Review lessons for the next day and gather all necessary materials.
Helpful Tip: Print or review “Week View” each Monday to assist with planning.
Review and prepare lessons for the next week.
Ensure participation in required synchronous sessions.
Note any topics to discuss at the next regularly scheduled meeting with the District case manager or Stride instructor.
As Required or Scheduled:
Student and parent conference with teacher during regularly scheduled time period.
Collect and submit work samples as requested.
Helpful Tip: Add sticky notes on the work sample pages that need to be turned as a reminder.
Ensure participation in district and state testing as required.
Work in partnership with district-based school liaison for student support services
End of School Year:
Gather returnable materials.
Review coursework placement with your school for the following year.