Colorado state agriculture
Colorado state facts
• Colorado’s 130,000 dairy cows produced more than 2.5 billion pounds of milk.
• Over 4 million layers in Colorado producing more than 1 billion eggs each year.
• There are over 40 aquaculture producers (or fish farmers) in this state
Colorado produces more than one million pounds of pinto beans each year.
Cabbage is one of Colorados leading vegtable crops
Colorado’s sheep, lamb and wool production rank fourth in the nation.
More Colorado state facts
• There are 36,000 bee colonies in Colorado producing 2.7 million pounds of honey every year.
• Colorado’s climate is generally dry and sunny. It is a semi-arid state averaging 15” of precipitation.