News of the Week
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- For our upcoming STEM Day, we need plastic bottle caps. If you are able to save some and send them in, that would be great! Our STEM Day is November 4th.
- Operation Christmas Child Here is the link if you'd like to sign up to help us fill our boxes for children in need. Please send all items in by Wednesday! Thank you again!! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f094da5ab22abf85-operation/
- Counting to 100 Your child was assessed on their current counting progress this week, and the results are coming home on a half sheet of paper in Friday folders. Our kindergarten expectation is that they can count to 100 by ones and tens. If your child still needs practice, please work with them at home. We count each day in class, but extra opportunities will be very helpful for them. Our goal is to achieve this by mid-December. Below are some links to songs we've done in class...
- Dude, Be Nice!! Our upper grades kids are participating in this program from the high school, but we really need it in our class, too! I have noticed friendship/tattling issues each and every day in our class, and we have had several specials teachers comment on it as well when I pick the class up. Could you please talk to your child about good strategies for getting along, being kind to others, and limiting tattling to emergencies only. I have talked to them about this every day, and I still hear 20-25 tattles a day despite our talks. I know it will come with maturity, but discussing friendship strategies at home will certainly help as well.
- United Way Dress-Up Day is on Monday, October 31st. Kids are welcome to wear a costume or dress like a book character. Please no masks or accessories (swords, wands, etc). The cost is a $2 donation to United Way which you can put in their folder. Thanks for your support!
- Thanksgiving Activities Please see Friday folders for a GREEN paper listing the time for our Thanksgiving feast. This meal is hosted by our cafeteria staff each year and is a wonderful time for you to come share a holiday meal with your child. We will be holding a small presentation in our classroom directly before the feast at 12:30pm. Please come!!! Also, there is a turkey project in your child's folder that I would love for you to complete together and turn in by November 11th. See the folder for more details!
- The FMES Fall Festival is Friday, November 4th at the Buford Corn Maze. Get your tickets now for a really fun family night!
- Veteran's Day If you have a special veteran you would like to honor, please fill out the slip of paper in Friday Folders and send it back with a photo of your soldier! Our school will be making a Wall of Heroes for everyone to admire.
- Original Art Work orders are due on TUESDAY and pictures orders are due on WEDNESDAY
- Have you checked out all the awesome LINKS that I have added to the bottom newsletter lately? There are tons of activities, songs, Brain Pop videos and more to reinforce what we've been working on in class! These are great for "homework" or fun at-home practice!
Time to Count & Sing!
Check out the video of us singing our October song, too!
Where In the World Will Mrs. Williams Be On Friday & Monday?
I will be absent from school on Friday, November 4th and Monday November 7th. Since July, a friend and I have been training for the 2016 New York City Marathon. It is our first marathon and we are very excited and very nervous. Please send us some good thoughts on Sunday, November 6th for a successful race!!
Please remember there is no school on Tuesday, November 8th for Election Day. I will see the kids when we all return on Wednesday. Please send any notes in their folders instead of e-mail since I will not be able to receive them. An experienced FMES sub, Mrs. Lioi (Lee-oy) will be covering my class during those two days.
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
Links to Try
- Illuminations Five Frames: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3564
- Illuminations Ten Frames: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3565
- Illuminations Concentration: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3563
- Illuminations: Okta’s Rescue: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3528
- Digital Number Frames for Web & Devices: http://catalog.mathlearningcenter.org/apps/number-frames
- Digital Rekenrek for Web & Devices: http://catalog.mathlearningcenter.org/apps/number-rack
- ABCya Birthday Candle Count: http://www.abcya.com/kindergarten_counting.htm
- ABCya Counting Fish: http://www.abcya.com/counting_fish.htm
- Curious George Count Your Chickens: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/games/count_your_chickens/count_your_chickens.html
- Curious George Count with Allie: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/allie/
- Curious George Hide & Seek: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/hideseek/
- Curious George Hat Grab: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/hats/
- Curious George Bubble Pop: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/bubbles/
- Curious George Bunny Ride: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/drive/
- Curious George Flower Garden: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/flowers/
- Curious George Blast Off: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/rocket/
- Curious George Museum of Tens: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/ten/
- Curious George High Fives: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/busyday/fives/
- Animal Ocean Find & Count: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/preschool/animals/ocean/animaloceanfindcountgame.htm
- Ladybug Spots: http://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/ladybird-spots
- Circus Measurement: http://www.education.com/game/circus-measurement/
- Clifford Measuring Up: http://pbskids.org/clifford/games/measuring_up.html
- Turtle Diary Heavy or Light?: http://www.turtlediary.com/game/heavy-and-light.html
- Curious George How Tall?: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/games/how_tall/how_tall.html
- Sid the Science Kid Non-Standard Units: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5751829b94e1a
- Brain Pop Inches & Feet: https://jr.brainpop.com/math/measurement/inchesandfeet/
- Brain Pop Kilograms & Grams: https://jr.brainpop.com/math/measurement/gramsandkilograms/
- Poddle Weigh In: http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/math-games/poddle-weigh-in/
- Sid the Science Kid Fab Lab: http://pbskids.org/sid/fablab_crystalsrule.html
- Dinosaur Train How Big Are You?: http://pbskids.org/dinosaurtrain/games/howbigareyou.html
- IXL More or Less: https://www.ixl.com/math/kindergarten/holds-more-or-less
- Clifford: Flo & Zo Sort It Out: http://www.scholastic.com/clifford/play/sortitout/sortitout.htm
- Cat in the Hat Swirly Whirly Pearl Hunt: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/games/swph.html
Force & Motion
- Brain Pop Pushes and Pulls: https://jr.brainpop.com/science/forces/pushesandpulls/
- Donald Duck Put-Put Troubles: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5767edddad4f1
- Disney Fairies How to Build a Snowman: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5767ee4cd02cc
- Tic Tac Go Game: http://www.learningliftoff.com/kindergarten-science-learning-game-push-pull/#.V2qJuvkrK70
- Magic School Bus Plays Ball: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss576a8a4e33c6e
- The Motion Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss576a8c325fedb
- Harcourt School How Things Move: http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/moving_things/index.html
- Sammy’s Shapes: http://www.primarygames.com/storybooks/sammy/start.htm
- Illuminations Shape Tool: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3587
- Illuminations Patch Tool: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3577
- Illuminations Tangram Puzzles: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=6626
- Cat in the Hat Great Shape Race: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/games/great-shape-race.html
- Sid the Science Kid Shadow Show: http://pbskids.org/sid/shadowshow.html
- ABCYa Tangrams: http://www.abcya.com/tangrams.htm
- Purpy’s Shapes: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/preschool/ngames/shapes.htm
- Shape Shoot: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/earlymath/shapes_shoot.htm
- IXL Shape Patterns: https://www.ixl.com/math/kindergarten/shape-patterns
- PBS Pattern Matcher: http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/math/games/preschool-kindergarten/pattern-matcher/
Maps & Columbus Day
- Cardinal Directions Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57671454565d6
- Vids4Kids Learn About Maps: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss576561e5edc9b
- Brain Pop Reading Maps: https://jr.brainpop.com/socialstudies/geography/readingmaps/
- Sesame Street Map Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5766ae278455f
- Arthur- Go, George, Go: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/gogeorgego/gogeorgego.html
- Cat in the Hat Mapping Tool: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/games/mappingtool.html
- Columbus Brain Pop: https://jr.brainpop.com/socialstudies/holidays/columbusday/
- Columbus Day song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5766b0bd96e28
- Learning About Columbus Day: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5766b1ea959ee
- “To” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57990f6aebb8a
- “Can” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57990ff464ce3
- “Like” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991046d9acc
- “Me” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991096d629d
- “We” Miss Molly Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoo0GNoHUic
- “Go” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/cp7i9Yv1TRs
- “My” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579911295ec8b
- “See” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991299f101f
- “Here” Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579913071767c
- “Little” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5799135355c6f
- “Play” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991398036e1
- “On” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579913c46bee9
- “Was” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579913fa435bb
- “Said” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5799142c6f7bc
- “Some” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579914732875d
- “He” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579914a2e0c4d
- “She” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579914d72743a
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **