By: Darian, Christa, and Melissa
Pros and Cons
- Pros of Having a Direct Democracy
- Each citizen has an equal voice in public affairs.
- A very legitimate way of making of making decisions.
- Can easily vote people out of office by having a Recall Election
- Efficient for small populations of people.
- Cons of Having a Direct Democracy
- It can become very time-consuming for citizens
- Citizens become bored with frequent elections.
- If you have a large population, gathering all the votes needed for a decision can be difficult.
- Examples of Direct Democracy
- Ancient Athens