Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher
Equipping Students with Life Skills Everyday
What I Do On a Daily Basis...
Teach students about nutrition, culinary arts, sewing, relationships and child development.
Students in these settings may...
- Run early childhood education classes with teacher supervision
- Manufacture and market clothing
- Create menus and cook for a school function.
Job Outlook & Salary
- Median Salary: $53,920 per year
- Job Outlook- 2% (Little or no change)
- Bachelor's Degree + Student Teaching
- Internship- Extension Education
- Generally work school hours, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Often spend time in the evenings and on weekends grading assignments, preparing lessons, or advising student organizations.
- Meet with parents, students, and other teachers before and after school.