AFCES Monthly Memo
It is with great enthusiasm that I write to you as the new principal of Ashton Franklin Center Elementary School! I am honored to become a member of a school community that has already extended such a warm welcome in the short time I have been here.
I am bringing seven years of broad teaching and leading experience with me into this role. In 2012 I earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Western Illinois University and soon after began my teaching career. I have taught third grade both in-person and virtually and served as a 3-5 Math Intervention Specialist. In 2017 I earned a Master’s Degree in Curriculum & Instruction from Olivet Nazarene University and most recently earned a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from Western Illinois University.
It will be a priority of mine to build strong relationships with students, families, and staff to ensure that Ashton Franklin Center Elementary School continues to be a positive and engaging teaching and learning institution. Additionally, I will strive to ensure students are provided a multitude of experiences that will challenge them to reach their full potential.
I sincerely look forward to all future conversations and am hopeful we can work together to ensure this school year is successful. Thank you for the support and commitment you give to your child’s education. Please never hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. You can reach me by email at email@example.com or by phone at (815) 456-2325.
Back to School Event
- Students will be able to meet their teachers and drop off their school supplies.
- AFC's wonderful team of specials teachers (PE, Art, Music, & Library) will be in their designated locations ready to meet/visit with students and families.
- Our PTC will be there with information regarding this year's PTC sponsored events. There are PLENTY of opportunities for you to be involved.
- Students are invited to take a back to school photo with a fun photo frame.
- Students and families will have the opportunity to visit a number of tables for more information on Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and 4-H Youth Programs.
- As students travel to these different locations around the school, they will earn punches on a punch card. At the end of the evening, students can turn their punch card in for a chance to win a raffle prize basket.
We hope to see you there!
6th Grade Band/Choir Update
2021-2022 COVID Protocols
COVID Testing Available On-Site
Students will NOT be tested unless we have permission from a parent/guardian. If we have a waiver on file, the parent/guardian will still be notified if a test is administered to their child.
Hard copies of this consent form will be available during our Back to School Night on August 17th and will also be available for students to take home on their first day of school, August 18th.
August Important Dates
17 - Teacher's Institute, Back to School Night
18 - Kindergarten Tears & Cheers @ 8:00 AM
18 - First FULL Day of Student Attendance
24 - PTC Meeting
25 - 6th Grade Home Volleyball Game vs. Polo @ 4:00 PM
26 - 6th Grade Away Volleyball Game vs. Pecatonica @ 4:00 PM
31 - 6th Grade Away Volleyball Game vs. Amboy @ 4:00 PM
August Lunch Menu
19 - French Toast Sticks, Sausage, Hash Brown Pattie, Orange Juice, White/Chocolate Milk
20 - Chicken Patty on a Bun, Salad, Orange, White/Chocolate Milk
23 - Chicken Taco, Corn, Salsa, Applesauce, White/Chocolate Milk
24 - Sloppy Joe, Pineapple, Gram Crackers, Carrot Sticks, White/Chocolate Milk
25 - Hotdog on a Bun, Baked Beans, Tater Tots, Apple, White/Chocolate Milk
26 - Creamed Chicken Over Biscuit, Green Beans, Orange, White/Chocolate Milk
27 - Stuffed Bread Sticks, Spaghetti Sauce, Broccoli, Pears, White/Chocolate Milk
30 - Turkey & Cheese Ranch Wrap, Carrot Sticks, Apple, White/Chocolate Milk
31 - Macaroni & Cheese, Baked Beans, Peanut Butter Sandwich, Orange, White/Chocolate Milk
*Last year's FDA program was extended, so all student school lunches are still free.