October 24, 2020
Important School Reminders
Please remember the following rules on campus.
- All students must wear their MASK at all times inside the building. The only exception for removing the MASK is during lunch.
- Gator Masks and Bandanas are NOT approved.
- If you child is exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, the Florida Department of Health will contact your family. FDOH investigates each case separately and completes contact tracing for each positive case. The school does not determine who should be quarantined.
- Head coverings are not permitted for boys or girls – no hats, hoodies, wave caps, head wraps, sun visors, or sunglasses can be worn inside of the building. If students are caught with a head covering, it will be confiscated immediately. Students can pick up their confiscated items in the Manta Office.
Quarter 1 Report Cards
Quarter 1Report cards will be distributed on October 26th for quarter 1. Students should receive their report card during their 7th block class.
Free ACT/SAT Bootcamp
National Honor Society
DHR eligibility inquiry packets are in the main office for pick up. Eligibility inquiry packets enable the potential member to demonstrate that they meet the criteria for leadership, character, and service.
National Science Honor Society
Underclassman Retake Pictures
Juniors vs. Seniors Volleyball Match
Parent Academy Fall Courses
The Parent Academy and Community Education course catalog was sent to all DCPS students’ families! This catalog features free courses offered virtually on the Parent Academy webpage as well as fee-based courses through the Community Education department. To access the catalog and register for courses now, visit https://dcps.duvalschools.org/parentacademy
ACT and SAT Registration Deadlines
ACT Assessment: December 12th Test/Registration Deadline November 6th
SAT Assessment: December 5th Test/Registration Deadline November 5th
Athlete of the Week
Trinity Mattox"Trinity is a Junior, first year letter winner on the Stingrays bowling team. She carries a 3.2 weighted GPA. While she has not been competitively bowling all her life, Trinity has found a new passion with the bowling team. She enjoys the competition and comradery that the matches bring out in her and her teammates."-Coach Bass
JV Football Undefeated
Varsity Football News4Jax Spotlight
Boys Basketball Tryouts
Tryouts will be held on November 2nd-5th (JV 5:00pm-6:30pm)(Varsity 6:30pm-8:30pm), in the gym, and students must be cleared on athleticclearance.com before Thursday, October 29th. The following information will be needed before trying out:
- EL2 - Physical Form - Completed form must be uploaded to www.athleticclearance.com
- EL3 - Consent and Release Form - Forms must be completed on athletic clearance.
- Sportsmanship Contract - completed on athletic clearance.
- Verification of Insurance - completed on athletic clearance.
- Birth Certificate - Uploaded to athletic clearance.
Please see Coach Ross if you have any questions.
· Twitter: AC Basketball @ACHoopSquad
ACHS Business Partners
Harrell & Harrell
Miller's Ale House
Ponte Vedra Golf Carts
Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute
Davey Tree Expert