Vegetable Garden Ministry
Weekly Newsletter 9/12/19
2019-2020 Vegetable Garden Leadership Team
- Lead: Audrey Brandt
- Co-Lead: Joe Bechtel
- Historian: Helen Bradley
- Treasurer: Mary Baxter
- Communication: Katharine Norman
- Membership Team: Jennifer Patel & Bernadette Norman
- Additional Board Members: Chris Delmolino & Ofel Cordero
- Tractor Operator: Mike Piske
Note: The tractor is owned by the church. For safety reasons, only trained individuals are permitted to operate it.
Saturday, Sep. 14th 2019 at 7:30am
Saint Michael Vegetable Garden
Thursday, Sep. 19th 2019 at 5pm
Saint Michael Catholic Church
Saint Michael Community Dinner
Safe Environment Training
* Must be renewed every two years
* Click link below for more info and/or register for training
* Next class: Saturday, September 14th at 9 am
Formerly called "Safe Environment Training." now called: Adult Safe Environment Awareness Sessions. Safe Environment Certification for the Diocese of Fort Worth is no longer offered “online” and is now only offered in person.
holds the delectable bitter fruit that Father B requested.
rewards the prolific cucumber plants with a drink of water.
tries to figure out how to use a shovel bigger than himself.
a friend of the Patel family who was in town for a visit. Where better to take him than the garden?
practices her eggplant picking skills.
End of the season beauties.
(Photos of Helen provided by Ofel Cordero, thanks! :) )
Have you seen a tan bucket?
Thanks to fellow gardeners for sharing this info!
- Howard Garrett, the "Dirt Doctor", will be at Blooming Colors Nursery this Saturday, 9/14 10am- Noon. (2221 Ira E Woods Ave, Grapevine TX 76051, phone: 817-416-6669)
- Marshall Grain (3525 William D. Tate Ave, Grapevine, TX 76051) offers a 10% discount for Seniors (65+) on Tuesdays.
9/16- Bill Collins9/30- Phyllis Hassett
Please click the link below OR reply to this email to add your birthday to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17It9OGlgkDLJ5nGRuNSkdMXKntZFBtlTWo8guE-Do6o/edit?usp=sharing
Note: The link may not work if using your phone. Please use a computer to access the spreadsheet.
Click link above and scroll down to the "Volunteers Needed" header. Also, click link above for general Feast Day 2019 info. Feast Day is Saturday, September 28.
We want to hear from YOU!
Contact Katharine at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call/ text 817-360-5856.