Travis Intermediate School: October 29, 2021
From the Principal:
We do need your help with our students arriving to school on time. Instruction begins at 8:50 each day and when students are late to class, they are missing out on valuable instruction. We have early start available to our students so they can be dropped off as early at 7:30 a.m. If your child is a car rider in the mornings, we ask that you make plans to have them to school by 8:45 so they are able to get to class before instruction begins at 8:50.
Mark Your Calendars
- Nov. 2: 6th Math Interim Assessment All Day; Boyz to Men Meeting at 7:45 a.m.
- Nov. 4: 6th Reading Interim Assessment All Day; Student Council Meeting at 8 a.m.
- Nov. 9: Girlz to Ladies Meeting 8 a.m.; ASAP Boys Basketball Begins
- Nov. 10: 5th Reading Interim Assessment All Day; Ambassador Meeting at 8 a.m.
- Nov. 11: 5th Math Interim Assessment All Day; ASAP Run Club Begins
- Nov. 12: Progress Report Sent Home
- Nov. 15-19: Generation Texas Week
- Nov. 17: Student Council Meeting 8 a.m.
- Nov. 19: Kona Ice Day
- Nov. 22-26: No School for Students and Staff- Happy Thanksgiving
STAAR Interim Assessments
Important Information for Travis Parents/Guardians
Students Arrive to School by 8:50 a.m.: Instruction begins at 8:50 for Travis students and we need your support in helping our students be at school on time. If your child arrives to campus after 8:50 a.m., parents will need to park and bring their child in to the front office to check in, letting the front office staff know the reason for the late arrival, providing a doctor's note, etc.
Early Start: Travis will again offer early start drop off beginning at 7:30 a.m. through the cafeteria entrance on Pauline St. Staff members will be on duty beginning at 7:30 a.m. to receive students. We ask that for the safety of our students, please do not drop off prior to 7:30 a.m. as students will not be supervised.
Travis Cell Phone Policy - As stated in the district Elementary & Intermediate Student Handbook, students are allowed to have cell phones on campus. Cell phones must remain turned off during the instructional day and in the student's backpack. If students do not comply with this policy, staff members may confiscate the cell phone and turn them in to the assistant principal. A parent/guardian will need to come to the school to pick up any cell phone that has been confiscated, as it will not be returned to the student once taken up.
Travis Dress Code
- Tennis shoes are required for PE. Wheeled shoes, house shoes, slides or flip flops should not be worn.
- Pants with holes or rips must be worn with tights or shorts long enough to cover the students thighs.
- Pants should be worn at waist level, not sagging.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be fingertip length. When arms are straight down along a student's side, material should be long enough to touch the tips of the fingers.
- Clothing that may refer to or advertise tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any other prohibited substance or displays vulgar/inappropriate language, obscenities, or graphics/pictures of any kind that are inappropriate for the school setting are not allowed.
- Hoods covering the head should not be worn in common areas inside the building. (hallways, cafeteria, auditorium)
No Place for Hate® is an initiative of the Anti-Defamation League. The initiative is designed to engage the entire Travis school community in creating a welcoming environment committed to stopping all forms of bias and bullying. ADL’s No Place for Hate initiative provides a unique framework to incorporate new and existing programs with one consistent message. The initiative can help Travis foster a culture of respect and create a safe learning environment for students at all grade levels.
We begin every morning with the Resolution of Respect:
- I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly.
- I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone—even if they are not like me.
- If I see someone being hurt or bullied, I will tell a teacher.
- I will help others to feel safe and happy at school.
- I will be part of making my school No Place for Hate®.
Updates from Our Clinic
If you have a child who needs to be registered to attend our campus, please call the school at 936-709-7000 to speak with our registrar, Ms. Solis.
We are here to support you! Please feel free to contact the school between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at 936-709-7000 or via email at email@example.com.
Follow Us On Social Media
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.