Trexler Middle - Promoting Excellence
End of Year Testing Reminders
We have testing for the next two weeks. Here are a few reminders to help students be successful on their tests:
1. Charge laptops each night prior to testing and ensure it is in good working condition to prevent having to use a classroom desktop or substitute device for testing.
2. Bookbags and belongings will be stored at the front of the classroom (or where the teacher designates within the classroom) during testing.
3. All cell phones and other electronic devices (including smart watches and smart pens) will need to be left powered off and in student bookbags or left at home during all testing sessions.
4. Students will want to eat a healthy breakfast and get a sufficient amount of sleep the night before each test.
5. Tell you child daily that you know he/she will do well on the tests. Encouragement from parents really helps.
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
We are still in need of a few proctors to help out with exams from 7:00-11:00 on May 31st to June 7th. Lunch will be provided on the exam days to those that help us proctor. Please contact Alex Corey at email@example.com or (910)324-4414 if you are willing to help out. We will host a required proctor training, that will last between 15-30 minutes, for all those interested in helping out.
Are you interesting in becoming a more organized, responsible, and community involved student? AVID is currently taking applications for the 2017-2018 school year in all grade levels! Applications are available at the front office and are due to your homeroom teacher by May 31st.
The AVID Cookout on Monday, May 15th was a huge success! Thank you to all those who turned out for this event.
Band/Orchestra Meeting for Rising 6th Graders
If you want to be in the BAND or ORCHESTRA for 6th grade, it is not too late to register. You will need to purchase or rent an instrument for your child’s use. Please be aware it is not usually possible to begin band or orchestra after 6th grade. If you are interested, parent and student should attend the meeting on May 30 at 6:00 pm (Trexler cafeteria). If you cannot attend, contact Hugh Whaley (band director) or Cynthia Nosow (orchestra director) by email or leave a message at (910) 324-4414. Please also see the note on chorus below*.
*It is also still possible to sign up for chorus. Please contact Mrs. Andrews if you did not sign up for chorus on your registration form. You do not need to attend the meeting.
May 30 Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
May 31 Math EOG
June 1 Reading EOG
June 2 8th Grade Science EOG/6th and 7th grade Science NCFE
June 2 All-year Green PBIS Incentive (at Trexler in the PM)
June 2 PBIS Stamp Redemption
June 5 Social Studies NCFE
June 6 Math I EOC
June 7 CTE Assessments
June 9 Academic End of Year Awards Ceremony (7th Grade – 7:45am, 6th Grade – 9:30am, 8th Grade – 12:00pm)
June 9 Last Day of School