Technology Double Shot!
A double shot of technology information every Tuesday
First Shot: Make a more Secure Password
Here are some tips on how to bulk up your passwords:
- Make your passwords at least 8 characters or more
- Use a mix of upper-case letters, lower-case letters, numbers and special charcters
- Choose something you'll remember!
- Avoid using complete words you can find in the dictionary
- As much as possible, try to use different passwords for different accounts
The following infographic also shares some good advice on how to make strong passwords:
Second Shot: The Secret Life of Passwords
"In our authorship of them, in the fact that we construct them so that we (and only we) will remember them, they take on secret lives. Many of our passwords are suffused with pathos, mischief, sometimes even poetry. Often they have rich back stories."
Beyond the quality of the writing, the post has beautiful imagery and multimedia embedded throughout.