North Side Family Flyer
Finishing Out The 2019-2020 School Year
As Dr. McCormick said those words that we will not return to school this school year......my heart sunk! We all miss our students, we were hoping to return after May 1st, but this is definitely out of our control.
I know and understand the difficulty of juggling work, daily home life and now virtual/e-learning in your households. Please don't hesitate to reach out to classroom teachers, myself, Mr. Perlich or Miss Headley for help! We are here along with our instructional assistants to help students work through assignments whether it be by phone, Skype or e-mail.
If your family and children are going through hard times or experiencing some emotional distress due to the current status, please reach out to me or Miss Headley to support your child's social and emotional needs.
Principal, Mrs. Leasure - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean of Students, Mr. Perlich - email@example.com
School Social Worker, Miss Headley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to e-mail any questions to email@example.com
Virtual and E-Learning Information
Here are a few quick updates to help with e-learning
- Assignments will be posted by 9:00 a.m. each day of e-learning, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week.
- Teachers are available during the day by Seesaw, email and Skype between the hours of 8:00 - 2:00. Teachers are also checking email and Skype often during the evening and on Monday and Friday.
- Instructional Assistants and support staff will also be reaching out to students through Skype or phone calls to assist students with e-learning.
- If your child is not participating in e-learning or Skype lessons, we will be reaching out to you to make sure you are aware and to see how we can assist.
- If you do not have internet, you can come and sit on East Noble property with your child. They should be able to use the internet on our playground and in the parking lot. LitGel has also placed multiple hotspots around town that you may utilize. These locations have been posted on the district site. If you need the information, please e-mail me.
- Students will receive ONE e-learning assignment per week for all 5 specials classes. They will be due the following Tuesday.
- A principal's challenge will be posted each week on our Facebook page, we encourage students to participate. Student names will be entered in a drawing if they complete e-learning and the principal's challenge each week. We will draw names for prizes!
- E-LEARNING DUE DATES:
- eLearning for the week of April 7- 9 will be due Monday, April 13 by noon.
- eLearning for the week of April 14-16 will be due Monday, April 20 by noon.
- eLearning for the week of April 21-23 will be due Monday, April 27th by noon.
- eLearning for the week of April 28-30 will be due Monday, May 4th by noon.
Have you completed the 2020 Census yet?
The Census is very important because the data that is collected will help to determine how federal money comes into the state and into our community. This money is then used for everything from libraries to schools to hospitals, to roads, all the way to our representation in congress.
Lemonade Day has been moved to September 26th - You can still sign up!
Help your child become an entrepreneur!!! You may still register to participate using the link below. Please notify me with your confirmation and I will make sure to get the needed information for you to get started. PLEASE NOTE THE DATE BELOW HAS BEEN CHANGED TO SEPTEMBER 26TH.
School Lunches - Updated!
To ensure continued safety for our staff and families, we need to change our lunch delivery schedule.
Meals will be delivered twice each week on Mondays and Wednesday.
Mondays will include two lunches for Monday and Tuesday.
Wednesday delivery will include three lunches for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
If you want to participate in school lunches, please use this link to register: https://tinyurl.com/ENSC-LunchRequest
You may pick up at North Side from 11-11:30 or at these locations below.
From the Office of Mr. Perlich:
I am hoping you all were able to enjoy the last few weeks with not having to worry about school! As we move forward, please remember that completing the e-learning assignments counts towards your child's attendance. We are still tracking attendance. If you would have any questions about attendance or need help with assignments, you can contact your teacher or myself. We know this time is something new to everyone and we want to help support any way we can!
Have you downloaded our new district app? It gives you access to updated information during these unique times!
Counseling Corner with Miss Headley:
The IDOE recommends utilizing this website below to help in discussion with your children when speaking about Covid-19.https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/helping-children-cope-with-changes-resulting-from-covid-19
I will be sending my monthly guidance lessons out to the students through their Seesaw or Canvas accounts. I am available for social and emotional support as needed, please reach out by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.