Tuesday Tech Tips
A little tech goes a long way!
Is YOUR Name on the List Yet?
Wow! GSCS has a lot of new Google Ninjas!
These people have earned all four of their Google Ninja Belts:
The Google Ninja Academy is still available! Go to our GSCS Ninja Academy right now! Join in to earn the Google Ninja pins for your GSCS lanyard. Prepare yourself to lead our students into the effective use of Google Apps and instructional technology.
Have no fear.
Be a Google Ninja!
Check out the entire list.
Complete Google Ninja Standings
Google Ninjas since last publication:
Grant Adams is the first Google Ninja from Mainstay Academy!
Marty Shiver is the latest from Spalding High School to become a Google Ninja!
La'Tesa Parke, from Atkinson Elementary, is a Google Ninja!
Paula Salazer from Futral Road Elementary is a Google Ninja!
Melanie Lynch is from Atkinson Elementary and is a Google Ninja!
Jan Baxley, from Moreland Road Elementary, is a Google Ninja!
Jamie Reid from Beaverbrook Elementary is a Google Ninja!
Amy Brown is another Jackson Road Elementary Google Ninja!
Tiana Fowler from Jackson Road Elementary is a Google Ninja!
Minnesota Zoo Virtual Field Trip
Join the Minnesota Zoo for our upcoming Google+ Penguin Awareness Day Hangout on Air on Tuesday, January 20 starting at 12:00 p.m. (CST)! They will be chatting about penguins and how people can help protect them in the wild. If you or your classroom are interested in participating LIVE on-camera with the Minnesota Zoo, e-mail the following info. to email@example.com...
- You Name
- School Name
- School Location
- Grade Level
We hope you can tune in and hangout with them and our penguins!
It's Not Too Late to Win a FREE Trip to ISTE 2015!
- Enter their social media contest. ISTE is offering a free conference registration AND a four night hotel stay to one lucky educator who participates in their social media contest. All you have to do is take a picture of yourself stating why you want to attend the conference and post it to your favorite social media network. Make sure you use the #ISTE2015 hashtag.
- Join Project RemaginED. Project RemaginED is a community of educators who are redesigning their curricula for the digital age. When you and your colleagues join this passionate community, you get the chance to collaborate on and publish new learning activities aligned to the Common Core and ISTE Standards - and compete for a free trip to ISTE 2015 for up to four members of your team. It's a win-win for both you and your students.
- Become a PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator. Submit a short video showing how you're using digital tools to drive student achievement in your classroom, and you could be one of 30 applicants selected for a three-day, all-expenses-paid trip to both ISTE 2015 and the PBS LearningMedia Digital Summit. Apply by February 11 to win.
- Apply for a professional learning grant. There are plenty of organizations that offer professional learning grants to educators to help them attend conferences. Here are a few places to start.
- NEA Foundation - Apply by February 1, 2015 to receive notification in time for ISTE 2015.
- Association of American Educators Foundation - Apply by March 1, 2015 to get reimbursed for up to $500 of your travel expenses. You do not have to be a member to apply, but members do get extra consideration for these competitive scholarships.
- Funds for Teachers - This flexible program offers up to $5,000 for individuals. Apply by January 29, 2015.
Win a FREE Swivl Robot for Your Class!
How to enter the giveaway:
- Subscribe to http://www.shakeuplearning.com/. There is a link for you to subscribe to their email list.
- Once you subscribe to the list, visit http://www.shakeuplearning.com/blog/swivl-giveaway and fill out an entry form.
The deadline for entering the contest is January 31, 2015 at 11:30 PM CST.