Cougar, First Week of School News!
We are super excited about the start of another AMAZING school year. This first day of school promises to be one we have never experienced before. This is a first for all of us. Tomorrow, as we all are logging into our first day of school I encourage everyone to do the following:
- Be Patient... We know there may be issues. We will work together to figure things out
- Be Resilient... If things don't work out the first time... Ask for help and try, try again.
- Be Positive....We want all students to have a great start to the day! Our students are watching, listening, and feeling what we feel. remaining positive and modeling teamwork with your child's school and teacher goes a long way.
- Stay Campbell Strong! This is going to be GREAT year of Learning!
This is how students will access instruction daily. Login to ClassLink (launchpad) using your student/lunch number and DOB. Once you enter the platform, go to the red folder labled MicrosoftTeams. It is purple with a large T. Your class is here.
Back to School on Monday, August 17th @ 7:40 AM- Universal Remote Learning
Please use the information below for a successful start to the 2020 school year!
Mark your calendars for the events listed below!
Use this week to get your student learning Resources!!
Drive Through- Device Pick Up (3rd-5th Grade)
Call 470-254-3430 to schedule a time to pick up
Cougar Learning Kits
There is still time to Register New Students in Kindergarten-5th Grade!
1. Please go to: https://www.fultonschools.org/enrollment and
complete the online enrollment/registration.
2. Once you begin, make a written note of your confirmation
3. You will be asked to upload the following documents while
completing online registration:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Parent/Guardian GA Driver’s License
- Mortgage Statement, House Deed, or Lease Agreement
- Current Water or Electric Utility Bill
- Completed Immunization Form (Form 3231)
- Completed Eye, Ear, and Dental Form (Form 3300)
4. Once you have completed the registration, please email your confirmation number to Sharee Eddie at the following email address email@example.com
2020 Remote Learning Supply List
ALL PARENTS MUST BE ENROLLED!! Complete if you are not on the parent portal
All portal accounts require a 1-time activation to create your ID and password. You must be a parent/guardian of a current FCS student to activate an account. To verify identity, you will be asked to provide the following information about 1 student in your household:
- Student first and last name (as entered on birth certificate)
- Student ID number
- Student Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Student grade level (19-20 grade level)
Be sure to check your SPAM, Junk Mail, or Clutter. The activation email sent by infinite campus sometimes lands here.
Please call the school at 470-254-3430 if you need assistance.
It is very important that ALL parents have access to Infinite Campus. This is how we will communicate with you and how you will receive report cards and other valuable information about your student.
Fulton County Schools District Back to School Resources for Parents
FCS - Discipline Code of Conduct
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
We very much look forward to the start of a new school year! As we prepare for our students returning to a Universal Remote Learning environment, we strongly encourage students and families review the 2020-2021 FCS STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT HANDBOOK as there are several changes. It is important to know that behavioral expectations for students are still in place and apply in a Universal Remote Learning environment. Potential rule infractions in a virtual learning environment include, but are not limited to, harassment, bullying, cyber bullying, technology offenses, disruption and insubordination. Please note that code of conduct rule violations can also occur in the community or when using social media inappropriately. It is important that the school is notified of any student behaviors that negatively impact the school or virtual learning environment.
Furthermore, incidents of harassment, racial slurs, bigotry, derogatory comments, physical harassment, ethnically offensive behaviors or any threats of harm to others will not be tolerated and will be taken very seriously. Depending on the nature and severity of the offense, the District’s response may include disciplinary consequences up to and including long term suspension/expulsion from school.
Please note any behavior that violates the FCS STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT HANDBOOK will be addressed through our district’s discipline process. Below are some potential discipline responses that will be utilized in the Universal Remote Learning environment include, but are not limited to, the following:
Parent Conference , Suspension from synchronous learning
Restorative Practice , Conference Loss of Privileges
Virtual Drug Education Program, Impact Less on or project
Suspension of club/extra-curricular activities, Loss of Graduation Ceremony/Prom
Suspension upon return to school, Long-term suspension/Expulsion
Please know that we are committed to ensuring that all our students feel safe and ready to learn and will be providing students guidance, resources and support. Thank you for your partnership in teaching our students behavioral expectations and standards of conduct while in a Virtual Learning Environment.
Please continue to be safe and as always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or support.