Notre Dame Band News
News You Can Use
Parent Survey and End of Year Items
Parents please fill out the following Google Form for me. This is a survey. I want you to be heard.
End of year items.
1) Thank you for an incredible year. Our band saw tremendous musical growth from August to now. We are on a very good trajectory.
2) If you have a school instrument and you think it might need a repair you should let me know asap.
3) Please be aware of our calendar. There is an optional Band Camp in June from the 18th through the 22nd. This is Monday through Friday and is 9am to 11am. This is open to our students as well as outside students from surrounding schools. The cost is $150. We will perform for Parents on that Friday Morning. The music will be fun and light.
4) In August our band will begin training for next year. Monday August 13th through 17th we will need everyone in our band to be there. The schedule is 3-5 indoors and 6-8 outdoors. In between we will need Parent help with a meal each day from 5-6. I need all students to be here unless you have already scheduled something that is non refundable and if this is the case you need to communicate this with me asap.
Last year we only had about half our band at this week and it really hurt our ability to present a half time show. Please make arrangements to be there!
5) Students should consider sticking with private lessons over the Summer. This is an excellent time to keep music happening and not take a complete break from the instrument. I would encourage all students to practice their instruments in some capacity. Starting again from scratch will make August very tough for us.
6) Students will be asked to have Pirates 1 2 and 3 memorized by the start of School. All this music is in Charms and they have access to it. Parents, ask your Son to play part of this for you sometime as we get closer to August.
Thank you again for an incredible year! Have a great Summer. I will be teaching with 7th Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps. Follow our scores as we are on the road. I would love to see some ND Students there with us next year.