Druid Hills High School
Community Week at a Glance - February 21
Will has dual-enrollment at GSU and DHHS through the Move on When Ready (MOWR) program. Please contact your child's counselor for more information about this program.
Red Devil Athletic Updates
- Boys Basketball: Druid Hills fought valiantly but lost to Perry Saturday night in the first round of the state playoffs, 56-72. Congratulations to the team for their accomplishments this season.
- Boys Soccer: Druid Hills gave coach Thomas Bodnar a lovely Valentines Day gift by beating Paideia 2-0. Team Captain Luke Narker fired the opening goal from close range, followed just minutes later by sophomore Menkaseh Tokpah's deft goal into the side netting. Goalkeeper Josh Lloyd and the defense maintained a clean sheet yet again. Later the same week, the Red Devils overcame N. Oconee 1-0 in a tense contest. Solid defensive work by Matt Overstreet, Max Simpson, Will Johnson, and GK Josh Lloyd kept the opposition at bay. In the 77th minute, senior Luke Narker was fouled in the penalty box, earned a penalty kick, and scored the game's only goal to give the Red Devils an unbeaten 4-0 streak in the region.
Congratulations to the track team for their outstanding performance at the Parkview Invitational Meet! Key performances include:
- Carter Rathur: 1st in the 1600m, 2nd in the 3200m
- Genevieve Ferrara: 1st in the 3200m
- Girls 4x400 relay: 1st (Lyric Yarber, Aija Wall, Amber Austin, Malika Rey)
- Kevis Harmon: 2nd in the triple jump
- Emanuel Faria: 2nd in the 800m
- Boys 4x100 relay: 2nd (Ruben Taylor, Shavar Bernard, Kevis Harmon, Kenyon Blackshear)
- Emily Griepsson: 3rd in the 3200m
- Shavar Bernard: 2nd in the 200m, 3rd in the 100m dash
FREE Mock SAT/ACT Exams @ DHHS
Mock ACT: Saturday, March 18 at 9am in the Cafeteria
To register for either (or both) exams, go to applerouth.com/signup and enter the event code M246123 (SAT) or M246126 (ACT).
Applerouth Spring 2017 SAT/ACT Course Information (classes held at Druid Hills High)
Prepare for the SAT or ACT in an interactive Workshop where students learn the major concepts and strategies needed to master the exam. Class price includes group instruction, all materials, and a full-length practice test under simulated testing conditions. Parents will receive an email after every session detailing what was covered. Workshop price: $149
SAT Schedule - SAT3085 (Event Code)
- Mock SAT: Sat Mar 4 9:00am - 1:30pm
- Tutoring (group): Mon Mar 6 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Tutoring (group): Wed Mar 8 4:00pm - 7:00pm
SAT Schedule - SAT3105 (Event Code)
- Mock SAT: Sat Apr 22 9:00am - 1:30pm
- Tutoring (group): Wed Apr 26 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Tutoring (group): Wed May 3 4:00pm - 7:00pm
ACT Schedule - ACT3086 (Event Code)
- Mock ACT: Sat Mar 18 9:15am - 1:30pm
- Tutoring (group): Tue Mar 21 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Tutoring (group): Tue Mar 28 4:00pm - 7:00pm
To register for one (or both) of the SAT workshops, go to applerouth.com/signup and enter the event code SAT3085 (March Workshop) or SAT3105 (for the late Spring workshop).
To register for the ACT workshop, go to applerouth.com/signup and enter the event code ACT3086.
V Baseball v Chamblee @ DHMS 10a
V Baseball v Lakeside @ DHMS 3p
Tuesday, February 21
Fifth Period & Study Hall
End of Course Mid-month through 2/24
LAX v Woodward 6p @ DHHS
JV Baseball @ Drew 5p @ DHMS
Tennis v SWD 4p @ Dottie Bridges
V Soccer v Decatur 5:30p @ Adams
Wednesday, February 22
JV Soccer v Chamblee 5p @ DHMS (Boys) @ Chamblee (Girls)
VG LAX @ St. Pius 5:30p
Track @ Miller Grove 5p
Golf v Clarkston/SWD 4p @ Stn. Mtn.
JV Tennis v Chamblee 4p @ DeKalb Tennis Center
Thursday, February 23
Tutorials: Emory Dream, ESOL, 5th Period, Study Hall
V Baseball @ Paideia 4:30p
Golf v Arabia Mtn/Miller Grove 4p @ Stn. Mtn.
VB LAX @ Grady 6p
Friday, February 24
Black History Month Program 3:25p Gym
V Soccer @ Meadowcreek 5:30p
Saturday, February 25
V Baseball v Tucker @ Chamblee 12:30p
JV Baseball v Chamblee @ Tucker 12:30p
V Baseball @ Chamblee 3p
JV Baseball @ Tucker 3pm
Track @ Eagles Landing 9a