4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary - Leander Independent School District
Week of November 17
What Are We Learning This Week?
- sequencing non-fiction
- Sitton List 11- Spell Check on THURSDAY 11/20
- Skill Focus: soft syllable endings er, or, ar (color, dollar, matter)
- Skill Focus: contractions
- comparing decimals and fractions
- adding and subtracting tenths and hundredths
- recognizing equivalent fractions & decimals
- finish Early Texans research - people of the Mountains & Basins
Science: Making Connections
- magnetic force
- light energy
- thermal energy
- finish Personal Narrative #2
- comparing & contrasting personal narrative & expository texts
- grammar focus - transition words
- Blue packet handed out on Monday 11/17 and due after break on Monday 12/1 (posted on class website under Homework)
- 30 minutes per week of math fact practice (Xtra Math is recommended, but could use other websites and/or flash cards if you prefer)
- Online Reading Log & Questions - 80 minutes reading and online homework on website due Sunday evening 11/30; if you would prefer to turn in a hard copy, read 80 minutes and write a short BME (beginning-middle-end) summary on a piece of looseleaf paper. Three to five sentences, no more necessary.
- Study Sitton List 11, given in class on Monday 11/17 and checked in class on THURSDAY 11/20.
- Spelling Worksheet - Contractions hunt - given out in class on 11/17 & due back in class by Monday, 12/1.
Our current week
Monday 11/17 -
- yellow specials day
- math homework sheet due to math teacher
- reading homework due (logged online by 5:00 Sunday 11/16 or handwritten summary & minutes read turned in during class today)
- book fair opens for sales at 2:45
Tuesday 11/18 -
- green specials day - no library for Eddy's class due to book fair
- book fair family night - open until 6:00
Wednesday 11/19 -
- blue specials day
- purple specials day
- Thanksgiving lunch (see information below)
- Spell Check over Sitton List #11 - early this week
Friday 11/21 -
- red specials day - no library for Weltzin's class due to book fair
- book fair sales end at 11:30
For which specials (PE, Performing Arts, Visual Art, Library) your child goes to on what day, please see the Daily Schedule page on our classroom website.
On the Horizon - Upcoming Dates
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
New items from the previous week's newsletter are in italics below.
Until Thursday, December 11th
- Reagan Pajama Drive - see details below
Monday - Friday 11/24 - 11/28
- Thanksgiving Break, NO SCHOOL
- 5th Grade Business Fair - during specials
- Holiday Parties; more information closer to date
Monday - Friday 12/22 - 1/2
- Winter Break, NO SCHOOL
- End of Second Nine Weeks
- students may ONLY go the the book fair during lunch or after school, NOT before school unless accompanied by a parent and with teacher permission
- students MUST have money in order to go to the book fair, they will not be permitted to go browse
- if you choose to send money with your child, please allow for tax to avoid any broken hearts or frustration
- sales begin Monday 11/17 after school and end Friday 11/21 at 11:30. Family Night is Tuesday; the fair will be open until 6:00 pm.
- if you are visiting for the Thanksgiving lunch and wish to take your child to the book fair, please check with a teacher on duty before doing so and remember that we resume classes for the afternoon by 1:10
A few reminders about the Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday, 11/20:
- visitors are welcome to attend; visitor tickets may be purchased at the door (cash preferred)
- 4th grade has recess at 12:10 - 12:40 and lunch from 12:40 - 1:10
- both the cafeteria and the MPR (gym) will be open for seating
- lines tend to be long - arrive early and have your driver's license available to expedite check in
- parking is limited on campus; Gupton Stadium will be available for parking as well
- if you would like to take your child with you after the lunch, please check with a teacher on duty and remember that students must be checked out at the front office before leaving
Generations Texas Week Family Project
As part of Generations Texas week we would like to highlight the families at Reagan Elementary by having you work on a project together - sharing your career and post-secondary education as well as your child's future career and higher education plans.
Here are the steps for completing the project:
- You will have to sign-in to Google in order to save the copy of the project to your Google Drive. If you do not have a Google account you can use your child's Google login* (below).
- Once you have signed in to Google, go to: http://goo.gl/Utsndj and click File > Make a copy
- Insert a picture of yourself at work. Move and re-size as needed to fit within the frame.
- Insert a picture of your child that represents the job they’d like to have in the future.
- Complete the questions in the text fields - don't forget to include your career and your child's future career under each picture.
- Once the project is complete, click the Share button at the top right side of the screen, enter: email@example.com in the email address field, and click Share.
Projects received by 8am Wednesday morning will be on display (projected) in the cafeteria during our Thanksgiving luncheon on November 20th.
*student google login is: legal first name, dot, legal last name, last two digits of their student ID, @k12.leanderisd.org and the password is their birthdate in yyyymmdd format (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org / 20090316)
Pajama Drive - Update
REAGAN PAJAMA DAY!
WEAR A PAIR! SHARE A PAIR!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH - THURSDAY, DECEMBER 11TH
The school pajama drive is off to a strong start! On its first day, students turned in 216 pairs of new pajamas.With your continued generosity, Mrs. Delisi's Quest classes will meet their goal of collecting 475 pajamas. Please keep bringing those new pj's in until December 11th.
Elizabeth & Reanna