Boulder Hill Elementary
February 3, 2023
About our School
Boulder Hill Elementary School
World-class schools serving caring communities.
We A.R.E. Boulder Hill
(Para ver el boletín en español, haga clic en el icono de funciones de accesibilidad.)
Location: 163 Boulder Hill Pass, Montgomery, IL, USA
8:45 AM - DOORS OPEN FOR STUDENT ARRIVAL (there is no supervision prior to 8:45 AM)
9:00 AM - school starts / instruction begins
3:50 PM - end of school / student dismissal
REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday - 8:15 AM - 4:15 PM
Black History Month
In 1915, in response to the lack of information on the accomplishments of Black people available to the public, historian Carter G. Woodson co-founded the Association for the Study of Negro Life and History. In 1926, the group declared the second week of February as "Negro History Week" to recognize the contributions of African Americans to U.S.
Featuring a few titles available in Boulder Hill library
Weather & Health reminders
- Temperatures are dropping. Please make sure that students are dressed for the weather. As a reminder students will go outdoors for recess when the temperature is 10 degrees and higher.
- This is the season for cold, flu and other viruses. We will do our best to promote hand and surface sanitizing. Please help by keeping your child home when they are ill. Attached is a quick reference from or school nurse to help you decide.
Stay Informed! Get Involved!
SD308 Superintendent Search is underway!
Superintendent Dr. John Sparlin's retriement announcement was included in the Januaray 13, 2023 Parent Update from SD308. Please take some time to visit the district's website for more information regarding this important process. https://www.sd308.org/Page/27071
With the upcoming retirement of Superintendent Dr. John Sparlin at the conclusion of the 2022-23 school year, a comprehensive search for the next Superintendent will soon begin.
The Board of Education recognizes that the selection of a Superintendent of Schools is its most important responsibility for the students, staff, families, and other stakeholders of our school district community. The Board of Education is committed to a search process that is transparent and collaborative with input from all school district stakeholders. All information related to the search process will be updated on this page and shared in periodic district newsletters.
BPAC Hosts: Meet The School Board Candidates
On Thursday, March 3 (6:30-8pm) at Oswego East High School, Community Room; BPAC will host an opportunity to meet the School Board Candidates. The BPAC is a group of bilingual parents with students in the English learner (EL) programs. An interpreter & childcare will be available. Click here for more details.
Kindergarten Registration: Don't miss this important event!
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION: February 6th, 95h, 13th, 15th!
Kindergarten Registration - Sessions are rapidly approaching! Please sign-up your upcoming kindergartener. If you know of anyone with a child who will be at the age to enter kindergarten, please share this information.
Monday, February 6th
Thursday, February 9th (Boulder Hill staff will be present on this date)
Monday, February 13th
Wednesday, February 15th
You may attend any of the dates above.
Restration impacts staffing!
You have voice! Share your feedback!
5 Essentials Survey is now open! Please take time to complete!
The Illinois 5Essentials Survey for students and teachers will be conducted January 24 through March 31. Our district also participates in the Parent Survey Supplement, which will be conducted during that same timeframe. This annual survey is an important tool for us, providing a glimpse into the current perception of students, teachers and parents. Prior research has shown that schools strong on three or more of the 5Essentials were 10 times more likely to improve student learning gains than schools weak on three or more of the Essentials.
Wondering what the Essentials are?
- Effective Leaders
- Collaborative Teachers
- Involved Families
- Supportive Environments
- Ambitious Instruction
Please take the time to complete the parent survey today! We need a minimum of 20% parent response rate. Principals and superintendents will receive their 5Essentials Reports in May 2023. If you have any questions about 5Essentials you can contact me or learn more about the survey platform online here.
Here is the link to take the survey:
When asked to select a county, choose Kendall.
Have a great day!
Important Parking, Student Entry & Dismissal Reminders!
Parents, we need your help. Safety is a priority at Boulder Hill. This includes student entry and dismissal. We have received multiple complaints regarding members of the Bobcat family community not following rules of the road as well as school procedures.
- School issued student name card must be displayed and presented for all Car Riders & Kindergarten Walkers during dismissal.
- Students designated are 'Car Riders' will be released to cars in the car rider line. Parents should not walk up to the door to retrieve their student.
- Each student should be belted in a seat. (One student, One seat, One seat belt). Please see the following links for more information regarding car seat & seat belt safety and laws.
- All students and families should listen to the staff supervising arrival & dismissal. They are there for your safety.
- Walkers & families should not cut through the bus parking lot. Everyone should cross at the cross walk with the crossing guard.
- Remain behind the cones so that students can walk through a clear path.
- Avoid parking in front of residential driveways
- Avoid parking on Boulder Hill Pass in front of Boulder Hill School. This interferes with the pick-up lines
Help show a Boulder Hill staff member how much you appreciate all they do!
Pass It On is a way to send a shout-out or thank you to any SD 308 staff member. Every day there are staff members doing great things for students, co-workers, parents, and our community. Let’s recognize these acts of kindness, big or small!
With the Pass It On system, you can take a few seconds to submit a note of recognition to someone in the SD 308 family. These notes will be sent to the recipient once a week. Notes can be sent from an individual, team, or anonymously.
Kindness is contagious, so we encourage you to Pass It On!
A little show of appreciation can go a long way!
Winter Weather School Closing Information
As a reminder, if winter weather interrupts our ability to open schools or hold extracurricular activities, we will do our best to notify you as early as possible and in a number of ways. School closing information can always be found on our website, social media channels, and by visiting the Emergency Closing Center website. We will use our Blackboard messaging system to send alerts through email, text, and phone. Now is a good time to log in to Tyler SIS to view your account information and be sure phone numbers and email addresses are correct! Your school can assist you with any changes you may need to make. Please remember to send students dressed appropriately for the cold!
Parent Virtual Presentation by Mutual Ground
Program presented by Mutual Ground which will focus on prevention education and teaching students how to recognize, refuse, and report different types of abuse using age-appropriate language.
Mutual Ground will be hosting a Parent Presentation on February 7; for more information, please see this link. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Mutual Ground, Tina Bleakley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Valentines Day information
We will host our Valentines Day classroom parties on Tuesday, February 14.
- Only those room parents designated for that party will be permitted into the classrooms for parties. Younger and older siblings of students may not attend room parties. Room parents may sign in no sooner than 20 minutes prior to the party.
- In the same manner that edible treats are not permitted for birthday celebrations, food items are not permitted at our holiday parties.
- Students may bring Valentine's cards. However, Valentines cards must be given to every classmate (or, all boys/girls) within the classroom. Food/edible items are not permitted
PLEASE LIKE boulderhillpta ON FACEBOOK
SD308 Parent Update February 5, 2023
February 6 (7:15pm), Monday - Board of Education Meeting @ OE Community Room Topics Include: Community Relationships/Partnerships Annual Report, Roof Bids for Oswego High School and Homestead, Draft District Mission Statement, and Approval of Search Firm February 11 (10-1:00pm), Saturday - Black History Month - Professionals FAIR Oswego East High School February 13 (5-7:30pm), Monday - Board Advisory: Policy & Legislative Committee Meeting/DAC February 15 (6-7:30pm), Wednesday - Board Advisory: Community Advisory Committee Meeting / OE February 16 (5:30-6:30pm), Thursday - NEED GROCERIES?
Important Upcoming Dates
- February 1-28 - Black History Month
- February 7 - PTA meeting 7PM
- February 8 - PTA Culvers Night
- February 9 - Kindergarten Registration (Boulder Hill staff present)
February 11 - Black History Month - Professionals FAIR
Oswego East High School (10am -1:00pm)
February 14 - Classroom Parties (Valentines Day)
- February 15 - PTA Gym Night (3rd & 4th grade) 6:30 - 7:30 PM
- February 17 - School Improvement Day - 3.5 hour student attendance (student dismissal 12:30 pm)
- February 17 - End of 2nd trimester
- February 20 - President's Day (NO SCHOOL)
- February 24 - Watch DOGS day
- February 24 - PTA VIP Dance
Mental Health Resources
Mental Health & Wellness are important, but often overlooked. Remember that there are a number of resources available to SD308 students and families.
- https://www.sd308.org/Page/24707 - District website
- Here is information on mental health and welness groups that are offered through OswegoWellnes & PlainfiledWellness https://www.oswegowellness.com/programs
- COVID-19 cases are not reported by specific classroom, however school data can be found on the metrics page of our website. Cases of COVID-19 are self-reported, these numbers do not contain students/staff who may be out sick but did not report a positive COVID-19 result.
- To report a positive COVID-19 case in a student or staff member, please click here.
- The district's Safety Plan and Metrics can be found on the COVID-19 information page.
- Free Testing is available at several loctions across the state, learn more here.