Little Cedars Elementary
Home of the Wolverines - October 14, 2022
Message from the Principal - Mrs. Nielsen
Dear Little Cedars Families,
Fall Conference sign-ups are now open. Conferences are taking place at the end of October. The schedule will be as follows:
- Monday, October 24th- regular school day
- Tuesday, October 25th- 1/2 day 8:10- 11:20
- Wednesday, October 26th- 1/2 day 8:10- 11:20 (Late night conference day)
- Thursday, October 27th- 1/2 day 8:10- 11:20
- Friday, October 28th- 1/2 day- 8:10- 11:20
You can now go to Family Access and sign up for fall conferences. Hi Cap classes will have a different sign up for conferences, please keep an eye out for an email from your student's teacher. ** You need to be signed into Family Access on a computer; mobile devices wont work for conference sign ups.
- Conference sign-up will open today, Friday, October 14 at 2:00 p.m.
- You will have the option to choose between in-person or a zoom conference. When signing up the conference will default to in-person but if you would zoom please make sure to change the option.
- Interpreter - If you would like or need an interpreter for the conference please write in the "notes" section of the sign up and let your teacher know as soon as possible.
- Directions: There are directions below on how to sign up for a conference.
If you do not have your log in and/or password for Family Access, please contact Tiffany Sells at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-563-2900.
Principal, Little Cedars Elementary
The Read-a-thon is here!
The Read-a-thon starts today and we really need everyone to participate. If you have not already done so, please click on this link to activate your reader’s personal page:
It will ask for teacher name then student name (first name last initial) to activate. You can do it all in a minute or two and really help us meet our reading goals.
Guess how many minutes Little Cedars students will read during the read-a-thon. Closest guess wins a prize. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=jPKRUGKrBEyMrT4eT5futM2SvQ9ACFdFpgWXGCamyMxUOUFQOUJNRVo0MlFUVE1TS0oxUlFPN0g5VC4u
Please click on the link for more information: https://youtu.be/FCKspU6TMMk
To donate please click on the link: https://www.read-a-thon.com/school/LITTLE-CEDARS-ELEMENTARY-SCHOOL_50306
Thanks so much,
Little Cedars Elementary Library
The Annual Snohomish Great Pumpkin Race
- The Annual Great Pumpkin Run is happening ! The below flyer has all of the relevant information. Oct 19 ( times are dependent on grade level)
- It is for 1st through 6th grade Snohomish SD students
- Snohomish HS football stadium
- It is free, but they would like you to register your kiddos
- minimum 2 cans of food donation to benefit the food bank
Mr. Wilson will be there and would love if you and your kiddo would say hello
Health Room News
We are starting to see an increase in illness and absenteeism at school. Please remember that the COVID-19 virus/variant is continuing to circulate, and if your child displays symptoms of illness, it is a good idea to test @ home for this. If you need more home tests, please contact us.
Also, if student has a fever, we need them to stay at home 24 hours, fever-free with no fever-reducing medication (ie Tylenol, Advil). The same goes for vomiting.
Thank you for monitoring symptoms before students arrive at school. Encourage continued hand washing and cough etiquette. Mask wearing is encouraged if student has symptoms while at school. Please feel free to contact me @ 360-563-2910 or email@example.com.
Fall Panorama Survey Information
With the school year well underway, we are asking our 3rd through 12th grade students to again participate in the Panorama survey for social-emotional learning. For elementary, the questions center on their current knowledge, how they feel about the school environment, and whether they have access to staff and resources to feel safe and successful. For secondary, the questions center on the same areas and further explore whether students feel they have the skills, opportunity, or ability for personal and academic growth along with social awareness and positive relationships. The survey window will be open for two weeks from October 17-31. Survey results will be available approximately two weeks after the survey window closes, which places us around November 14. If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's principal.
Our goal as a district and community is to ensure that each student feels safe, welcomed, and supported in our schools and while attending school activities. The information provided through this survey is one tool we can use to hear student voice and perspective. Other considerations will continue to include conversations with students, families, and staff and monitoring of academic progress and social-emotional awareness. It is ok to not feel ok, but please know that there is help and support so that it does not have to remain that way.
K-3 highly capable program information
If your student is currently in grades K-3 and you are interested in your student receiving highly capable services to include learning opportunities with more depth, complexity, and acceleration in the classroom please be aware of the following information. Students currently identified for highly capable K-3 services do not need to go through the K-3 referral process.
Referral packets for the K-3 highly capable program are available in all elementary schools, and on the Snohomish School District websites in English, Spanish and Russian. The completed referral packet is due Wednesday, October 27 and can be turned in at your home school or the Snohomish School District office (drop box located by the main entrance) located at 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290. Click here to learn more.
PTA virtual author and illustrator visit November 2, 2022
Little Cedars PTA News
Stay up to date with your Little Cedars PTA events:
We strive to benefit all students at Little Cedars Elementary in their education, health, safety and welfare as we connect with each other in our community.
2022-2023 School Year
Friday, October 14 - 28 - Read-a-thon
Friday, October 21 - Afterschool Book Club
Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
Wednesday, November 2 - PTA Sponsored virtual even with author Aron Nels Steinke
Thursday, November 3 - Fifth grade music concert
Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
Friday, December 9 - PTA Dance
Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
Thursday, January 12 - Fourth grade music concert
Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
Thursday, January 26 - PTA Spelling Bee
Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
Monday, February 27-Friday, March 10 - Apex Fundraising
Thursday, March 2 - Science Fair
Thursday, March 16 - Sixth grade music concert
Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
Friday, April 21 - Festival of Cultures
Monday, April 24-Wednesday, April 26 - Sixth grade camp
Thursday, May 4 - First and Third grade music concert
Thursday, May 18 - Kindergarten and Second grade music concert
Friday, May 19 - PTA Carnival
Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather m
Join our team!
Join our team! Visit www.sno.wednet.edu/jobs or call 360-563-7233 today!
Current high-need school and district openings include:
- Paraeducators/Educational Assistants
- Psychologists, Occupational/Physical Therapists and Speech Language Pathologists
- Elementary and Secondary Teachers
- Administrative Assistants and Office Support
- Maintenance Workers, Plumbers, and Carpenters
- School Bus Drivers and Substitute Bus Drivers
- Substitute Teachers/Guest Teachers
- Substitute Paraeducators
- Kitchen Staff
- Swim Instructors
Snohomish School District positions
- If you would like to be considered for employment in the Snohomish School District, please login to submit a new application through our Frontline application tool.
- Please feel free to contact us in Human Resource Services at 360-563-7233 with any questions.
Snohomish Aquatic Center positions - If you would like to be considered for employment at the Snohomish Aquatic Center, please click here.
- Please feel free to contact Chris Bensen, Snohomish Aquatic Center Supervisor, at 360-563-1986 or 360-568-8030, with any questions.
Chartwells K-12/Compass Group (district's food service provider) positions - If you would like to be considered for employment with Chartwells K-12/Compass Group (district's food service provider), please click here.
- Please feel free to contact Marty Grasa, Chartwells K-12/Compass Group Manager, at 360-563-7357 with any questions.
District-approved community fliers
District-approved community fliers
- Affordable Connectivity Program
- Allergy & Asthma Network - Do you have peanut allergy? Do you care for a child who has peanut allergy? The Allergy & Asthma Network is looking for parents/guardians and families of children who have peanut allergies for a paid research study. Learn more at https://allergyasthmanetwork.org/news/do-you-have-peanut-allergy/.
- BridgeWhiz Grades 4-12
- Camp Fire - Discover Club Program
- Civil Air Patrol
- Climb the Mountain Free Online Speech and Debate Programs
- Cub Scouts Pack 193 and Calendar
- Everett Philharmonic Orchestra Young Artists Concerto Competition
- Free Girls Lacrosse Clinic Snolax - October 22
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington - Investing Insights Session - October 18
- Grizzlies Select Basketball Association 2022-23 Tryout Schedule 5th through 8th Grade Boys and Girls
- Join Girl Scouts at Dutch Hill
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys Seattle Hill Elementary
- Links & Alliances You Matter and Belong Conference - November 5
- Little Taste of Italy - Senior Citizen Dinner November 16
- Pumpkin Run 2022
- Reflections School of Dance Fall Programming 2022
- Seattle Children's Chorus Registration
- SJAA Youth Basketball Registration
- Snohomish Basketball Association Tryout Schedule 5th through 8th Grade Boys and Girls
- Snohomish for Equity Youth Committee Application
- Strategic Kids Chess at Totem Falls Elementary
- Strategic Kids LEGO at Totem Falls Elementary
- Student Advisory Council - Application
- Taekwondo for Kids - October 2022
- TOP Soccer - Fall Volunteer Opportunities
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.