GHS 9th Grade Cheer Newsletter
Week of 10/10/2016
This Week's Highlights -
- Tuesday - Basketball Cheer Practice in Commons
- Thursday -FB CheerPractice in Commons, Dinner, game: GHS vs. South (Home)
- Friday - GHS Varsity vs. Archer (Home)
GHS 9th Grade vs. Archer (Home)
Kick-off time is 6:00 PM.
Game Day School Attire: Dress- up!
Game Day Menu: Hot dogs, chili (w/fixings) drink & dessert
If a cheerleader does not want the dinner choice for this week or has allergies/dietary restrictions, they are responsible for providing their own meal.
Game Day Uniform/Packing List: (Girls, you may leave your bags in coach Root's room the morning of game day if you choose.)
- Home uniform (see team photo above). It is suggested that you pack both uniforms to avoid any issues.
- cheer shoes
- no show socks
- game day bow
- hair tie
- bra - remember bra straps should never be visible
- pom poms
- water bottle (we will provide water for the girls to fill)
Game Day Duties: Group 1 - Pole & Group 2 - Set Up/Clean Up (see pic of schedule below.)
Game Day Notes: Girls will practice from 2:15 - 4:00. Meal will be provided at approximately 4:00. After dinner, they will change, and prepare for their game. For away games they will ride a GCPS bus to and from the hosting team's school. Parents, you will meet the girls at the game each week, and pick them up back at GHS. Be sure to bring money to purchase your tickets.
9th Grade Game Schedule
- September 1 - vs. Central Gwinnett @ Central Gwinnett 6:00pm
- September 8 - vs. Brookwood @ Brookwood 6:00pm
- September 15 - vs. Parkview @ Grayson 6:00pm
- September 22 - vs. Shiloh @ Shiloh 6:00pm
- September 29 - vs. Berkmar @ Berkmar 6:00pm
- October 6 - vs. Archer @ Grayson 6:00pm
- October 13 - vs. South @ Grayson 6:00pm
GHS Varsity Football Game Themes!
Looking Ahead: Basketball Cheerleading Dates
We are going to have basketball cheer practice on Tuesday October 11th and
then continue practice every Tuesday and Thursday from the 18th on. Once
the season starts we will have practice on an as needs basis.
Basketball Choreography Dates:
9th: October 18th & 20th
Choreography will begin right after school until 4pm in the commons.
Basketball Cheerleading Team Pictures:
Tuesday, October 25th in the main gym 6:30-7:00
Basketball Cheerleading - GAA Camp Practice :
Wednesday, November 2, 2:30-4:00
GAA Cheer Basketball camp will be November 7th-10th from 6-8pm.
Grayson High School Cheerleading Contacts
9th Grade Football Cheer Coach: Shannon Mulkey - Shannon.Mulkey@yahoo.com
9th Grade Basketball Cheer Coach: Lisa Eddy - Lisa_Eddy@gwinnett.k12.ga.us
9th Grade FB Cheer Team Mom: Jennifer York - JenniferYork@comcast.net
9th Grade BB Cheer Team Mom: ArClethia Parker - email@example.com
GHS CHEERS Board President: Malissa Aldredge - firstname.lastname@example.org
GHS CHEERS Board VP: Kamarah Angus - email@example.com
GHS CHEERS Board Treasurer: Christine Moorhead - firstname.lastname@example.org
GHS CHEERS Board Secretary: Hope Perry - email@example.com