A Look Ahead to the Week
Veteran's Day 2013
2013 Flag Football Championships of America
The flag football finals have been rescheduled for Tuesday, November 12. Games will start at 6:00 p.m. with the following schedule:
Game 1: Jr. girls vs. So. girls
Game 2: Sr. boys vs. Jr. Boys
Game 3: Winner game 1 vs "Defending Champs" Faculty Women
Game 4: Winner game 2 vs "3 Time Defending Champs" Faculty Men
Game of the Week
You have to be in the picture - largest pumpkin wins free lunch from Subway!
(Last week's winner: Aaron Vincent)
Factoid(s) of the Week
- The largest pumpkin pie ever made was over five feet in diameter and weighed over 350 pounds. It used 80 pounds of cooked pumpkin, 36 pounds of sugar, 12 dozen eggs and took six hours to bake.
- The largest pumpkin ever grown weighed 1,140 pounds.
- Pumpkins are a fruit.....yes, a fruit.
After School Events at TCJSHS
11/11 - Girls JH Basketball at 5:30 vs. Hancock County
11/12 - Flag Football Finals at 6:00
11/15 - Girls HS Basketball at 6:00 vs. Cannelton
11/16 - Girls Swimming at 10:00am
11/16 - Writing Club Fundraiser from 12:00-3:00 in the Library
Thursday GO RED Meetings
- Pep Club in the Auditorium
- Writing Club in Mrs. Atkins' room
Juniors - Wednesday, ASVAB test in the Math rooms - report at the 7:55am bell.
Menu (November 11th - 15th)
- Breakfast - cinnamon toast, cereal, fruit
- Lunch - chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese, broccoli/cauliflower and dip
- Breakfast - biscuits and gravy, hash browns, fruit
- Lunch - chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, carrots, fruit
- Breakfast - bacon, eggs, toast, fruit
- Lunch - BBQ ribs on bun, onion rings, celery sticks, fruit
- Breakfast - breakfast pizza, cereal, fruit
- Lunch - chicken enchiladas with cheese, corn, refried beans, cookies
- Breakfast - pancakes, sausage, fruit
- Lunch - pizza, salad with spinach, fruit